low fat peanut/maple granola

Options
chrisdavey
chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
ScreenHunter_35%2520Sep.%252003%252015.53.jpg

2012-09-03%252016.22.55.jpg

I used a coffee grinder to grind the cinnamon toast crunch and just bran. (these are optional)

Add all ingredients to a lightly sprayed baking pan and mix with a spoon. You may need more or less liquid to get it clumped together.

(you can omit peanut flour or use PB microwaved and diluted with water)

Bake at 180c for approximately 30 minutes stirring every 10mins to make sure it doesn't burn.

(the reason I made this low fat/cal is because I was looking for a low cal crunchy additive to my regular oats)

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • HealthfulLife
    HealthfulLife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump, looks delicious!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    that was 20g serves. I said 10 serves for me.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Any changes you'd make? What was the thought process behind adding the various cereals + PB? Seems like a lot of competing flavours. Are they all worth adding in?
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Any changes you'd make? What was the thought process behind adding the various cereals + PB? Seems like a lot of competing flavours. Are they all worth adding in?

Cinnamon toast crunch for more cinnamon flavour.

Just bran for a ridiculous amount of fibre per serve (and you don't even know it's there :smile:

I'd skip the CTC out of those 2.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Brilliant. I don't own any, so I probably will! Thanks Chris :bigsmile:
  • Paw4awhile
    Options
    Why put hard boiled egg whites in when you are baking it & could use the egg whites to bind it to gather before you baking it?
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Why put hard boiled egg whites in when you are baking it & could use the egg whites to bind it to gather before you baking it?

I did. That is just the entry I used for egg whites as it was the correct macros. It was liquid egg whites to bind it together.
  • Kimmy136
    Kimmy136 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    YUM! I've never made my own granola before, its usually so high cal, but this recipe sounds like a winner! Will be testing this out for sure. :)

Thanks!