Marathon Push

Options
Folks

Looking to create an accountability network for weight loss. I have a marathon to run in 30 days and I'm heavier than I have ever been....even with my training.

Current weight 208.....goal weight 170.

I know this won't happen overnight, but for the next 30 days I'm taking a serious calorie deficit approach, and then will back off after the marathon and hit it with a more balanced approach.

Being a recovering addict (25 years) I know the power of the group....yes i believe in my higher power, but sometimes direct feedback is nice :wink:

Let me know if you are on a similiar journey and want to work to help each other be accountable!

Thx
Jim

Replies

• yannuzzi
    Options
    Jim, my goal isn't within 30 days but is by the end of October. I hit one roadblock after another and have been stuck at my current weight for months. I've starting doing the same thing....eating at a deficit to break the plateau and am finally under 150. Goal is 129. I'd be your accountability partner if you'd like! I need the same. I do not want to do this obstacle course carrying an additional 20 lbs and I do not want to run my first half marathon with it either. I'm knocking on a 12 minute mile and I KNOW that if I'd get it off, it would come so much easier.

I will say this though. I won't go under 1200 calories. Even with my exercise and all I try to stick at 1200.....I'm not healthy under that. Today's exercise has already been added in and I've added all my meals so far and it says I have 500+ to eat but I won't go over 1200, give or take a few. That's eating at a deficit for me. What's your plan?
  • jsheehan46
    jsheehan46 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yannuzzi - Congrats on breaking the plateau! My plan is between now and the first weekend in October hit around 1200 calories a day and pull back on my excercise a bit.....for me that is bigger than it seems. I did my 20 miler last weekend so I have my base and need to drop some pounds to be kinder to my knees and joints. I will still run between now and then but no crazy distances.

After the marathon I am going into a more balanced approach of a plan to shed 1-2 lbs a week until I reach my goal of 170 - Never been there - closest I got was training for ironman in '08 and hit 176 - that was all exercise.

For me it is about staying away from the bad carbs - I eat one and a trigger goes off in my head and it's like I'm using again - just keep going till I feel sick.

One thing you will find is I'm accountable - if I say I'm doing it it will happen - so if you want me to help you be accountable here we go!!