Top 10 Reasons why I personally Am Trying to Get into Shape

Options
:happy:

1. I'm in highschool, and there is a ton of pressure to look good in highschool. Skinny girls walking around all over the place.
2. I have gained weight since my senior soccer season ended and now I am terrified of getting heavy.
3. I was fat from 4th grade to 8th-ish grade. I was made fun of a lot. I never want to go back to that again.
4. My arms and back fat disgust me. MAke me want to barf.
5. Spring break is coming up and i wanna feel okay in a bikini.
6. I'm going to college next year and all I can think about is gaining that freshman 15.
7. I'm tired of having a double chin. I'm self consciense
8. I'm too hard on myself as it is...i don't wanna make it worse.
9. I wanna live a long healthy life and be the best and look the best that i can be without having any more regrets about my appearance :]
10. I wanna fit into a size 4 so I can steal some of mom's clothes. AHA.

Soooo, if anyone wants to be weight loss buddies?!!?!? I'm here :]]

Replies

• sweetteacher123
    Options
    I'm the mom to a senior girl in high school. Your reasons to get in shape sound great! And I think it is wonderful that you already realize making healthy life choices is very important. Don't be too hard on yourself (and your back fat:wink: ), keep working hard, and good luck on staying fit!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I think that's great you are wanting to do this is in a healthy way at your age. Starting now, you will prevent that freshman 15! :) Good luck to you!
  • Lynnlin
    Lynnlin Posts: 16
    Options
    I went to college for one year...and I didn't gain the weight, I lost it. Living on the third floor, ran up and down the steps cause the elevator was too slow, and walked across campus to get to my classes. I think that is half the reason why I miss college lol!

If you need anybody we are all here- but I would love to be your friend :)
  • ashlieh4048
    ashlieh4048 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :]
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    1. I am genetically predisposed to heart problems, diabetes, high blood pressure
    2. I want to be a good role model for my daughter
    3. I want to be able to go upstairs to bed without getting out of breath
    4. I want to have more energy
    5. I want to look better in my 30's (approaching 40) than ever before
    6. I don't ever want to feel that uncomfortable, overstuffed feeling after eating too much junk
    7. I want to be able to walk in any store and pick out any clothing I want
    8. I want to be able to play on a playground
    9. I want to go sledding but can't bear the thought of climbing back up the hill
    10. I don't want my daughter to have 'the fat mom'

I wish I had realized in high school how important good health is, good for you for making it a priority! This is a good post, got me thinking....
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I. I am genetically predisposed to heart disease and diabetes.
    2. I want my daughter to be proud of me and be a good role model.
    3. I hate the way I feel.
    4. Walking up the steps at 38 years old should not make you out of breath.
    5. I feel better when I am excercising.
    6. I want to get back to me.