fastest time frame to lose one pant size

What is the average or fastest time frame to lose at least one pant size?

Just wondering.

Replies

• One dress size is about a stone, for me. The fastest possible time frame would be something like 1-2 weeks, if you were on the Biggest Loser! A realistic time frame would probably be 1-2 months.
  • Don't know about pant sizes but in Feb2012 I had no spare holes in my trouser belt and today I've got 3 spare holes and back from 38 inch waist to 34 inch waist.

:drinker:
  • It really varies from person to person based on body type. I have lost +/-40 lbs and due to my body shape (my waist and hips vary by 2-3") I am still wearing the same pant size. I can fit in the smaller sizes however they are tight at my waist. :(
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Depends on where you are in a size, too. Going from a tight size __ to the next size down is going to take longer than going from a looser size __ to the next size down.

Sizing is so inconsistent, too. I've taken the same brand jeans into the dressing room in a size 7, 5, and 3 and had them all fit the same.

And from personal experience, the faster the pounds dropped, the slower the progress in body composition. Five pounds lost slowly over a month makes more of an impact than five pounds lost in a week.
  • farmmandy
    farmmandy Posts: 11 Member
    I've lost 37 pounds and gone from a tight 18W to a regular 16. This has taken 4 months of hard work :)
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Depends on how big you are now. The larger women's sizes require more weight loss to change. At one point I had lost over 30 pounds and still didn't go down in pants size. If you're already a size 8 or 10 the sizes are closer and you might only need to lose 10 pounds to change sizes. It's very individual too as to where you carry your excess weight. I carry all my weight in my stomach area, so I always wear a size 2-3 sizes bigger than someone else my same weight.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    I usually change sizes every 2 months. But that was when they were bigger sizes. Now im at a regular 14 so it may go quicker. Not sure.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!