oatmeal in protien drinks...help!!!

Options
i heard of people putting it in they protien drinks, do you just put a scoop in it and that's it?

Replies

• johnnyg211
    Options
    bump
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If it's regular or quick oats, use the blender.
    Or you can use oat flour without the blender.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i use a pack of instant oats. gives it an interesting texture lol
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have put it in my drink and shake. Also I have ran it through the blender so it is more like flour. Both works for me.
  • lisaekewish
    lisaekewish Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yep. raw. It's great!
  • AndrewTub
    AndrewTub Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    IYea it's alot easier if you can find the finely ground powdery oats they mix in way better!
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I actually tried the opposite last week. Added some chocolate whey protein to my oatmeal, and it tasted pretty good.
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    Yep, just use a blender. Same thing for peanut butter.
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    They also make oat & whey protein (which is delicious!) it's made by ON.

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/100-oats-whey-p-265.html
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yep, just pop a scoop in and shake - will give your drink a bit of texture.
    Or blend it all together if you like it smooth.
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I put i1/4 cup with 1 scoop of protein and 6 oz of milk or water in a blender and it comes out with a good consistency
  • sunshinedean
    sunshinedean Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Pardon my ignorance but what does the oatmeal add nutrition wise? (I am at work, curious and have no label to read here)
    :blushing:
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    The oatmeal helps replenish muscle glycogen after weight lifting, or helps with muscle recovery after a workout...it also adds fiber, so the shake fills me up a little longer
  • macpacman
    Options
    I haven't tried putting it in my post workout recovery drink. My breakfast usually consists of a 1/2 cup of oats, 1 scoop of recovery formula, 1 cup of water and 1/2 banana.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm... My protein smoothies are already awfully thick as it is. I think I'll stick to my baked oatmeal. Or.I guess I could add juice or even water to thin it out. :ohwell:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I've used it in my Apple Oat Smoothie but not with protein powder unless you need the extra cals and carbs.
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I just use the quick oats and cook them first ... then add all my ingredients in a blender and there's my shake! The oatmeal definitely helps me stay full longer. I'm a grouchy gus when I get hungry :)
  • mandymcque68
    mandymcque68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    what are these shakes made out of what benefit do they have when trying to loose weight, how can i make one,
  • mandymcque68
    mandymcque68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    what do you do with the oats , is it the protein you get from using it, I m using a nutribullet for healthy shakes and am interested in getting more protein into my diet
  • burtnyks
    burtnyks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I like adding oatmeal because it almost give the shake a cookie flavor. You can make an oatmeal cookie smoothie or even chocolate chip or peanut butter. I just throw it raw right into the blender.