My own personal weight loss tips :) :)

Options
Just wanted to share a few tips that have helped me over the years and some that I still do :smile:

Post-it notes~~ So what can you do with a post-it note? Write little reminders, tips, and motivation for yourself and stick them all over your house...I even had my best friend help me with some.
I stuck some on my fridge telling me "Do you really need dessert?", "Use a small plate!", "Don't you dare get seconds!", "Drink a glass of water before you take anything from me!"
I put one above my closet saying "Smaller sizes will fit you soon", "You won't have to shop at the big girl store anymore"
I even put one above my bedroom door saying "You'll have better sex"...of course there were no children living in my house so they couldn't read it lol
I had one above my computer saying "You can lie on your diary, but your weight will tell the truth"
I had them all over my house, and reading these and seeing them on a daily basis really helped me not to indulge and when they were always right in front of my face, then I had no choice but to see and believe them everyday!!

Dancing to your favorite musicals~~ I love musical movies, like Dirty Dancing, Mamma Mia, Chicago, and Hairspray, so I would put in one of my favorites and would get to enjoy them while exercising at the same time! When the music starts, get up and dance! And when the songs ends, you get to take a breather and sit down, drink some water, and get ready for the next song! Often times I would do my best to mimic what the dancers/actors were doing in the movie.

Eating out~~ I have gotten some "huh"'s and "excuse me"'s, but every single time I go out for a sit-down meal, I order a to-go box with my meal, so that when the food arrives, I immediately pack away half of my food and put the box in the seat next to me, that way I can still enjoy and finish my plate, only I ate half the calories, and I get to enjoy the same meal the next day or day after!

These were just a few tips that really helped me a lot, and I hope that they may help someone else too. Please feel free to share your own tips and ideas for me and others to see as well!!!

Replies

• Strong_as_Oak
    Strong_as_Oak Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Some great tips there. Shame restaurants in the UK dont offer a similar to-go box service. The only one I can think of is Pizza-Hut that will box up you left overs.
  • lilpenguin
    lilpenguin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I keep a "fat picture" of me on the fridge :)
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    great tips thanks for sharing:flowerforyou:
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Some great tips there. Shame restaurants in the UK dont offer a similar to-go box service. The only one I can think of is Pizza-Hut that will box up you left overs.

In Ireland they used to always let me do this, but in the past year or so more and more places are saying no. Is it a health and safety issue? It sucks!
  • dkoroschetz
    dkoroschetz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!!

My grandparents have a "fat" picture of me in their house, they finally moved it to the office so no one sees it. It was a family picture and it was removed as soon as we took a new one. But when I visit them, I still go look at it as a reminder!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i have a fridge magnet that says 'back away fatty'

and when i was in the supermarket once, eyeing up the ben & jerries in the freezer cabinet, my husband turned to me and said 'back away fatty'!!!
  • Annitte
    Annitte Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like that! I do too! and something I really want to wear..:happy:
  • noriri
    noriri Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Those are some great ideas! Anything that keeps us motivated. I love the to go idea, and plan to use that one. Thank you!!!
  • OliveDove18
    Options
    Thank you so much for writing this! I am going to use your sticky note trick! I want to agree with you about the dancing thing... when my boyfriend leaves to go golfing I turn on my ipod, turn the lights off and dance in my livingroom with my dogs. After I'm done, I am so sweaty and out of breath so I know I've lost a ton of calories! I'm glad to hear other people do this as well :)
  • OliveDove18
    Options
    I keep a picture of my friend who lost 80 lbs. on my fridge :)
  • adnol_2
    adnol_2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tips. I keep this fat picture of me and my measurements on my frig. That helps me quite a bit. I like the sticky note idea.
  • tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That to-go box is actually a pretty smart idea....
  • tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Options

and when i was in the supermarket once, eyeing up the ben & jerries in the freezer cabinet, my husband turned to me and said 'back away fatty'!!!

BAHAHAHAHA!!! Where can i buy one??
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Very good tips. I couldn't live without my Workout playlist, which does include at least one song from "Mamma Mia." :smile:
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Great tips! Thanks for sharng!
  • Nessi37
    Nessi37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Love it!!! I might have to find a magnet like that for my fridge! ;0)
  • iluvco3
    iluvco3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you are familiar with the book, THE BECK DIET SOLUTION, but your idea of the post-it notes goes somewhat along with the very first recommendation of that book. You list on an index card all the reasons you want to lose weight - doing this is a priority fashion. You read this card at least 2X/ day. I have a copy in the kitchen and carry one in my purse.

I can't recommend this book enough!!
  • Mamasota
    Options
    Easy - take your own box with you.
  • wheelb33
    wheelb33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing I am going to use some of these!
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options

I think Nando's & Pizza Express do too, but yeah, we need more restaurants here to do the same.