Walk it out-Wii game

Options
Is anyone else currently using this? I have been tracking my calories all month and walking with this game and I am down almost 5 lbs this month. I am not really a walker (and I recently sprained my arch in my feet so its hard for me to do my loved Turbo Jam) but using this, I have walked 18.8 miles in 6 days of playing, 4.1 miles just tonite. it is very addicting because of the tasks within the game. I try to complete my rainbow everyday no matter how many miles I walk. Its great.

So anyone else using it? What do you think? It would be great to hear what others say about this game versus other wii fitness games. BTW, I have all the fitness games except the Jillian Micheals game and I like this one the best.

Replies

• bby_baer
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit and Dance Dance Revolution 3...how is the walk it out game in comparison to those? Do you think you get a better workout with it? Is it more fun? Etc.... Other than walking, what else do you do in the game?

Just curious : ) Wondering which other games would be fun and beneficial to get. Which ones of the less expensive games would you recommend?

TY
    Andrea
  • thuggs1913
    thuggs1913 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hav the wii active and wii active plus... what game is the walk it out game on? I can say I love the wii active plus! It gives me something to do other than watching tv at night.
  • karen76
    Options
    Is that the name of the game, or is it on a game. Sounds like something I might be interested in buying. =)
  • karen7
    karen7 Posts: 3
    Options
    The name of the game is -Walk It Out- and its for wii.

During the game you earn points for each step you take. The object is that you are walking around this island and there are point capsules that are valued differently. If you get enough points to open that capsule, you get to build whatever it is. Like buildings, cars, plants trees hay bales and so on. There are cd's throughout where you can collect them and get new songs too. You also collect 7 pieces to a rainbow daily. Usually I just try to get my rainbow completed, that's normally a mile or 2 in itself. The songs are fast, slow, med and the music is pretty good I think, I kinda dance around with the music while I walk.

I have the Wii Fit but I can't keep focused on it daily. I don't feel I get the results I want in the time that I put into it. DDR 3 is my favorite of the DDR's. I just have a hard time doing it right now because of my sprained arches but when I was doing it, I would sweat like crazy. I'm more a fast paced upbeat person and I love the dancing fitness, it doesn't really seem like working out more like fun. The best part with this game is you have your choice of using remote/nunchuck, balance board, or dance mat so anyone can use what they like best.
    YOu can check it out here http://www.amazon.com/Walk-Out-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002CZ7P04 just copy and paste address. It costs about $30.
  • bby_baer
    Options
    Thank You!! I am like you...I have to have fast paced workouts. I don't feel like I am getting a very productive workout in when I do many of the games on the Wii Fit. There are a few that really get you going, but most of them I don't even break a sweat at all. I hate doing the strength training and yoga because they are too slow! I love running/walking on my treadmill. I feel like I get the best workout on that in comparison to any of the games, including the DDR3. However, that gets old too, lol! Also, I usually use the time my daughter is napping to get my workouts in, so running on the treadmill and having my tunes on isn't the best choice for that time (too loud & can't use my ipod in fear of not being able to hear her if she wakes up). At least with the Wii I am able to have more control over the noise factor.

Thank you so much for the info...I'm thinking this chicky is going to be making a little trip to the video game department at Wally world next pay day!! Walk It Out sounds fun and right up my alley! TY :

Okay, correction...It looks like I'll be ordering it from Walmart.com instead! It isn't carried in their store and is the same price as Amazon.
  • karen7
    Options
    Has anyone gotten the game yet? I have been doing it for a few weeks along with watching my calories. My weight has seady dropped each week andfor the month of Jan I am down 6lbs. I'm sure most of it is the change in eating but the walking is good for me.
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My bf bought Walk It Out for me for Christmas and I LOVE it!!! I was looking for something that wasn't so complicated or a vigorous workout and this is perfect for me. I was thinking of getting a treadmill after my taxes came through, but ever since I got this game, I don't think I'll need to get a treadmill anymore. This game makes walking fun & actually takes my mind off of exercising because I'm so into trying to earn points to unlock capsules! Just tonight, I walked 4.6 miles & burned 562 calories !!!!
  • macielwhite
    macielwhite Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love this game! I completed the entire island once already. I am doing it again. I can spend hours on this game without realizing it.
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit and Dance Dance Revolution 3...how is the walk it out game in comparison to those? Do you think you get a better workout with it? Is it more fun? Etc.... Other than walking, what else do you do in the game?

Just curious : ) Wondering which other games would be fun and beneficial to get. Which ones of the less expensive games would you recommend?

TY
    Andrea
    Get Just dance 3.
    For every 4.2 Sweat points you get (you get those during "Just Sweat" part of the game, and you can choose free mode or challenge yourself.) it is worth one calorie burned.
    Example, you get an average of let's say 326 sweat points per song (also, dependent if you actually do the moves), you've just burned: 77 calories.
    I highly recommend this, it's SO much fun :)