Best workout DVD programs

Options
I am looking for my next DVD workout program. I've done P90x, Insanity, Insanity Asylum, Turbo Fire, Supreme 90. I have looked into Tapout Xt and RushFit. But I want something that's gonna hurt and be hard. No pun intended. Anyone have anything to suggest? I steered clear of P90x 2 because of reviews saying the warm up and cool downs were too long and workout time was infringed. I want to lean more towards strength and weights and less cardio but it should have some. I am a runner too so I can supplement there.

Replies

• mamafish2313
    Options
    Anyone have any to suggest?
  • JDMRoma
    JDMRoma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You have already done alot...have you looked at the P90X+ or One on One series ??
    Im probably leaning towards those instead of X2

Oh Id most likely hand pick a few of the discs rather than the whole set......
  • mamafish2313
    Options
    I will check those out. I have heard of the P90X+ but didn't know a whole lot about it. I haven't heard about the 1 on 1, I will look that up. Thanks.
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    1 on 1s are awesome. Personally I love P90X2, I just don't do the cool downs, well I do my own cool down. The warm ups are fantastic, they are quite challenging as well.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I don't have any suggestions for you unfortunately, but would love to pick your brain! I'm in my last 20 days of Supreme 90 (which I've loved!) and want a new program. I've looked at Insanity but feel like I'd really miss lifting weights...I've looked at P90x but don't have anywhere to put the chin up bar. What would you recommend?
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have TurboFire and LOVE it!! there is also a program from BeachBody called Chalean Extreme, another great program!!
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I don't have any suggestions for you unfortunately, but would love to pick your brain! I'm in my last 20 days of Supreme 90 (which I've loved!) and want a new program. I've looked at Insanity but feel like I'd really miss lifting weights...I've looked at P90x but don't have anywhere to put the chin up bar. What would you recommend?

I'd recommend Insanity for you personally. No pull up bar needed.
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You want hard and pain do you?

Tony Horton One on One:
    1. Thirty - Fifteen: Upper Body Massacre
    2. Just Arms
    3. Diamond Delts
    5. Medicine Ball Core Cardio
    6. Plyocide
    7: Butt and Belly: I Dare You

That'll get you hurting. Mix in some Insanity Max workouts and I think you'll be very happily hurt. I've been doing Beachbody programs for years and these still hurt me. You can see previews on YouTube for most of them.

Feel free to friend me for a little push...
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options

I'd recommend Insanity for you personally. No pull up bar needed.

I've been leaning towards Insanity but like I stated earlier, I'm worried about missing my weights. I've been progressing the past 60 days and have just started working with 20lb dumbbells and don't want to go backwards. Any thoughts on that?
  • jtkwood
    jtkwood Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Kettle WorX is a 6 week program and it is great.
  • Molly182
    Options
    I like Chalean Extreme as well.

I've done that and Turbo Fire. I did P90X for a month, but I hated it. I didn't find it challenging at all. The entire time I was doing it I was thinking about how I'd rather be doing Chalean Extreme. I tried Jillian Michaels body revolution, but didn't like that either. Right now I'm doing a hybrid of Chalean Extreme and Insanity, and I'm loving it!

Good luck!

You could always just get a strength training book, but if you prefer dvds totally understandable
  • Molly182
    Options
    Just checked out rushfit. Looks awesome! If you give it a try let me know how you like it.
  • jackflak
    jackflak Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I would give P90X2 a try. I didn't think the warm ups were bad or the cool downs. I didn't like the x2 yoga-liked yogaX better. You'll never know till you try it personnaly. I'm thinking about trying Les Mill Pump.