Not seeing results!

Options
Hey all! Started following MFP guidelines and I eat a diet full of healthy whole foods and just started lifting weights about 2 weeks ago ( heavy weights I always stuck to 5 lbs before) and do cardio like 20-30 min HIIT running or skipping rope like 4x a week. Working out 5/6 days a week and not loosing on the scale or in inches yet! What gives?!

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    ...in two weeks?
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Did you start MFP 2weeks ago..or you started heavy lifting two weeks ago? If you started eating sensibly and exercising two weeks ago...it'll take a bit longer than that to see anything
  • bb_tiu
    Options
    So it is normal to not notice weight/ measurement changes that soon? Would taking my measurements once a month be a good indicator?
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    So it is normal to not notice weight/ measurement changes that soon? Would taking my measurements once a month be a good indicator?

Correct.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Your muscles will likely be holding onto water with the new exercise plan. This fluid retention may mask the "real" weight loss for the first few weeks. Personally this always happens to me and then on a rest day the weight suddenly drops. I seem to lose in a stepwise rather than continuous fashion so its best to stick with it and weigh in only every couple weeks.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    are you getting stronger?
  • bb_tiu
    Options
    That's good to know! I'll stick with it. I feel like I'm getting stronger for sure!!