Help Me Say No To Chocolate

Options
Specifically Reese Cups and Kit Kats. I know exactly where to find them at work and I even have back up options in case that person is out. I bring plenty of healthy snacks and keep them at my desk. I do eat them when I feel the urge for chocolate, but some how I end up eating them.

What's sad is I gave it up for Lent without a problem. Didn't relapse once. I've tried tricking myself into thinking it's Lent again, but it doesn't work. I don't have this problem when I'm away from work. Maybe now that I've posted this for the MFP community to shame me, I will stop.

Hi I'm Myoldself2011 and I have a candy addiction. Thanks for letting me "express" my issue.

:laugh:

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Get yourself some dark chocolate, the darker the better, like 72% cacao, and keep a few squares of that and some raw almonds in your desk. Only break off a small square at a time and let it melt in your mouth, and eat the almonds in between.

Takes care of my chocolate cravings and is much healthier than Reese's & Kit Kats! :bigsmile:
  • bubblicious84
    bubblicious84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've always been a chocoholic, but I'm able to keep control of things with Green & Black's 85% dark chocolate. I do what AmyRhubarb said and break a couple pieces off and just let them melt in my mouth. It's so rich that one or two bites at a time do me just fine. Plus, the higher dark chocolate like that is actually pretty high in iron and has a surprising amount of fiber, and it's a lot lower sugar :wink:
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
  • myoldself2011
    Options

This won't help me. They sell these at Costco and I have no will power because they are SOOOOOOO yummy.

But I will try the other suggestions with just the pure dark chocolate when I need a fix. I'll use cashews instead of almonds as I don't like most nuts.

Thanks everyone
  • TheWidget
    TheWidget Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've found keeping 85% chocolate in the cupboard means I never eat more than a couple of squares at a time, as the bitterness damps the urge to eat more, and it's much lower in sugar, which I find is what makes foods addicting.