Antiperspirant too? Thanks

Replies

• Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I like Arm & Hammer unscented.
  • cindaroses
    Options
    Crystal body deodorant. It works like a charm, no residue, and all natural since it is made of mineral salts. I love it!

This is from the Crystal website "Deodorants work by masking, suppressing, or preventing body odor. Deodorants do not tend to reduce the amount of perspiration the body produces.Antiperspirants, on the other hand, use a variety of chemicals that artificially clog pores.Mainstream antiperspirants have as their main ingredient(s) Aluminum Chlorohydrate, Aluminum Zirconium, Aluminum Chloride, Tricholorohydrex Glycine, and Aluminum Hydroxybromide – all controversial ingredients that are potentially unhealthy for our bodies."
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Secret Clinical Strength unscented.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Secret Natural Mineral in Eucalyptus Blossom when I'm working out....

or

Alba Botanica Clear Enzyme Deodorant in Lavender when I'm not.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Mitchum Clinical Strength.

All the Clinical Strength products have the same amount of active ingredient, but this on is the least expensive and comes in a stick form. The ones that are the twist-up gel leak if they don't stay upright and make a huge mess in a gym bag or suitcase.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Dove or Secret, whatever is on sale lol
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options

yup whatever's on sale! :) mostly dove.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I use Suave. Nothing else works very well for me. I think everyone's body chemistry is different, so you kind of have to do trial and error until you find your fit.
  • poshcouture
    Options

yup whatever's on sale! :) mostly dove.

Dove works the best for me. I love the clinical strength as well.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I use Suave. Nothing else works very well for me. I think everyone's body chemistry is different, so you kind of have to do trial and error until you find your fit.

Mine is the suave cucumber melon. Only that and mitchum works for me, and I would rather smell like cucumber melon than Mitchums...... ew
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Mine is the suave cucumber melon. Only that and mitchum works for me, and I would rather smell like cucumber melon than Mitchums...... ew

I think I use fresh scent. Whatever it is, I like it.

If I use any other brand, I get a little stinky. I don't think enough that anyone but me can smell it, but I don't want to smell it.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options

Suave here too. Tropical Paradise for now. :D

I can't use much of anything else after a few tries. Ban is the worst for me. I can wear it about a day or two and then after that it reacts to my sweat and smells off. Not like stinky, but just off and drives me (and my nose) crazy.
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

I think I use fresh scent. Whatever it is, I like it.

If I use any other brand, I get a little stinky. I don't think enough that anyone but me can smell it, but I don't want to smell it.

Same here! Sweet Pea and Violet (to match the lotion, soap, shampoo, and conditioner! All or nothing, right?)
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth between the origonal "Speed Stick" and the coconut Old Spice.

I had an Ex Girlfriend who, many years later, told me she cannot smell Speed Stick without thinking of me.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    old_spice_matterhorn.jpg
  • Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The Crystal
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I used to use men's clear sticks but I can't stand the smell of it anymore. The only stuff that works for me now is Secret Clear Gel.. and I toggle between ooh-la-la lavender and cocoa butter kiss.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Certain Dri Antiperspirant A.M. stick - they don't test on animals
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Old Spice.........Red Zone...........Swagger
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I stopped using antiperspirant long ago, when my biology teacher filled us in about how terrible it is for you. I've been using Tom's of Maine and it works just fine.

These are just some of the ingredients in antiperspirant deodorant:

Aluminum: Aluminum is a neurotoxin linked in studies to detrimental health effects in lab animals. It was thought to be associated with Alzheimer’s, but data is inconclusive and controversial. One human study found it in breast tissue, and given the proximity of armpits to breasts, it seemed to indicate aluminum's ability to migrate from the armpit into the body. Perhaps that's thanks in part to....

Penetration enhancers: That's a fancy term for ingredients that help carry other ingredients—often the active ones—into your body so they can do their job. There are many different kinds, like propylene glycol and Disodium EDTA. Often, these ingredients on their own are not the worst of the bunch—but they can be problematic because they basically work as an express lane for the absorption of more troubling ingredients.

Triclosan: Triclosan is an antibacterial agent that is so controversial that even the FDA is getting mad about it. It's in antiperspirant and deodorant because the thing that makes people smell is bacteria—not sweat. It's been shown to be a hormone disruptor capable of changing the sex of fish, and it's also suspected to be responsible for certain strains of resistant bacteria.

Fragrance: A major difference between one brand's "Swagger" antiperspirant and its "Classic" is the smell—a proprietary blend of chemicals lumped together under the vague rubric of "fragrance." Check last week's post for a refresher on why this blanket term is often hiding possibly problematic other ingredients inside your products.
    BHT: While less commonly used, this bad-boy is linked in studies to nervous-system effects at low doses, is dubbed "expected to be toxic or harmful" by Environment Canada's Domestic Substance List, and there are studies linking it to the C-word.

You should seriously read this article: http://www.good.is/post/what/