cake/diabetic/recipe?

Options
Does anyone have a diabetic recipe for cake? Frosting too maybe???

Replies

• Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Try the diabetic section of this site http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Healthy-Eating/Diabetic-Recipes I love this site and the magazine
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i guess you'll have to copy and paste the address. :)
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    You could also try the splenda website.
  • proudloser
    Options
    Thanks!!! This helps a lot :)
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    What about that whole "Cake mix and a diet pop" thing? Its pretty tasty.. I just don't know if its OK for diabetics :S
  • debbielou93722
    Options
    If you love chocolate cake I have the perfect recipe. I made this for my husbands birthday - German Chocolate cake (non dairy and sugar free)

Cake:
    2 Eggs
    1 Cup Lactose free milk
    1/2 Cup Canola Oil - I used vegetable oil
    2 tsp. Vanilla extract
    2 1/4 Cups Splenda Sweetener Granular
    1 3/4 Cups all-purupose flour - I used Non-bleached
    3/4 Cup unsweetend cooa powder
    1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1 Cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 350degrees. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans or on 9x13-inch oblong baking pan.

Combine eggs, milk, oil and vnillain a large mixing bowl. Combine dry ingredients (splenda through baking soda) in a large bowl and add to mixture. Beat with electirc mixer at medium speed for two mintues. Stir in boiling water slowly and mix thoroughly. Pour into pan(s). Place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick insertd in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for ten minutes then remove from pans to wire cooling rack. Cool competely before icing.

No Fuss Sugar Free Icing
    3/4 Cup solid vegetable shortening
    7/8 cup Splenda no calorie sweetner granular
    1 tsp. Vanilla extract
    3 tbsp. Cornstarch
    1 Cup Lactose free milk

Cook the milk and cornstarch until thickened, let cool. With an electric mixer beat in Splenda, shortening and vanilla until smooth. Add the milk mixture to the beaten Splenda/shortening mixture and beat very well.

Coconut Pecan Frosting
    1 stick margarine (1/2 cup)
    3/4 Splenda no calorie sweetner granular
    1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
    1 cup pecans
    1/2 cup lactose free milk or soy milk
    1 tsp vanilla

Boil together all ingredients in a medium to large saucepan over medium-high heat for 12 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden or plastic spoon. Pour then spread on cake while frosting is still warm. Let set up for a few minutes before serving (sets up faster if you cover it and place it in the fridge).