Mind set

Options
So i honestly think im starting to get into the right mind set. I've lost 6lbs in two weeks and i didnt think that would be enough to change my mind set and how i see myself and my journey. I'm actually making a concious effort to eat healthy, not drink soda and work out. I didn't think i'd be able to keep up with this type of lifestyle, i thought i'd give up like every other time at first...but my jeans are starting to be a little loose, I'm finding it easier to do some physical activities and i'm trying new foods that are better for me. I've had some great supporters so far, and i know they'll continue to help me on this journey. Because its not a diet...its a life style change. I haven't even had fried foods in 2weeks....or a soda. and usually those were my first two go to's. but i'm excited to see where my new life style is going to take me....i'm excited to go get new clothes, have people see me differently and be comfortable not only on stage but in my own new smaller skin. :wink: I've had ppl tell me in a pessimistic way that i won't make it to my goals, and the goals that i want are "unachiveable" well im here to tell you there not. and i will do it. we all can.

-Jpaw
Be optimistic, not pessimistic

Replies

• Lynkirby
    Options
    You are right, it's a lifestyle change, not a diet, we have to do this for the rest of our lives. I just stopped for a few months this summer and have gained over 15 lbs. back from the 60 I lost, Not going crazy, just doing what I was doing before, eating at night, eating calorie rich snacks, etc. I have to stop right now and get going again!
  • jthrashburn
    Options
    Congrats on the six pound loss, but more importantly, for the mental change.

You can do it - we can all do it!!!

Thanks for the post. I have had a rough couple of days (mentally) and needed the motivational makeover... To the treadmill and food logging I go...

Good luck on your journey - JKG (Just keep going!)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    That is right it is all about mindset, but also it can be about knowledge.
    I hope no one has to wait until they are 50 like I did to understand we just eat too much in our society.

http://www.venusindex.com/ten-thousand-ways-that-wont-work/
  • quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 6 pounds and with keeping motivated! I was just thinking of this same thing I guess - except I was worrying about keeping motivated.

It's one week down for me and a nice weight loss of 4 pounds. I think with the resources to log food and exercise is the key. It puts it in black and white and makes it so much easier to understand and see exactly what needs to be done to keep on track. This is definitely a lifestyle change, not a diet, but if those changes come with benefits of losing weight and getting healthier I'll take them any day! It's not that you can never had fried foods ever again, either, but it will keep you more conscious of what you're eating and on the day you decide to have that particular food - you'll have logged it and take it easier on the next meal. I would hate to think of it as deprivation - just different choices.

I love reading posts like yours- they help to keep the rest of us in the right mind set too just by seeing your successes!
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the great mind set. I'm coming up to the one year anniversary of hitting my goal, i hope to never go back to that other person and it was more of a mind set change to welcome a new lifestyle and keep it. I sent your post to a friend who is starting her journey today, hope it inspires her and many others. Good luck and keep your message somewhere that you can go back to it on the days you want to quit, you'll get there, stick with it!
  • jagfan
    jagfan Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Agree with all of these wonderful, supportive, wise people!! At least you are realizing at a young age. As one poster indicated, some of us wait until we are older to start! You are well on your way to not a NEW you, but a HEALTHIER you!
  • jpaw1002
    jpaw1002 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. wow, me be insperational to someone else? never really had that before. :smile: thats cool. I'm glad i could be that to someone, b/c many ppl have been that for me.

& feel free to add me. new friends are always welcomed! :flowerforyou:
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you :) I'll be there with you the WHOLE WAY WATCHING YOU FLY BY ALL THE HATERS :)
  • katadul87
    Options
    i am happy someone is losing here, i can not stay on track. :(
  • jpaw1002
    jpaw1002 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you :) I'll be there with you the WHOLE WAY WATCHING YOU FLY BY ALL THE HATERS :)

thanks girl! and you've been one of the biggest supporters thank you so much :happy:
    I'm glad me and my mom found ppl like you and victoria and charles to keep us motivated.
  • jagfan
    jagfan Posts: 255 Member
    Options

thanks girl! and you've been one of the biggest supporters thank you so much :happy:
    I'm glad me and my mom found ppl like you and victoria and charles to keep us motivated.

Like!!:heart:
  • nkeklund
    nkeklund Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I tell you, this site is a godsend for weight loss! The calorie counting is so helpful in my view.