Any feamales around 42ish who have lost over 100lbs?

Options
Hi -

I am new here, and could use some motivation. I have lost 16lbs in the last month. I have noticed I have to be quite severe with my diet. I am short, barely 5ft, and need to lose over a 100lbs. Not sure how I let things get so out of control but I did so now I have to deal with them.

Thanks

Replies

• Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and hope to break through the 100 pound barrier any day now. Friend me if you would like support.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am older than 42... I am 47 and 5' 3", and am have lost 92 lbs. - not quite 100 lbs yet, but getting there. It is totally possible, and I have not been "severe" with my diet. I do not deny myself anything, however, I do weigh and log just about everything I eat. If you would like to see my progress, you can check the thread that I posted last month:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/691586-1-year-87-lbs-and-getting-close

Good Luck to you!
  • leaann3
    leaann3 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I just turned 45 and really need to make some changes (oh, like lose 80 to 100 lbs). I've lost 21 lbs. so far. I've been exercising (C25K and some other stuff) four to five times a week and logging all my food. My husband and I are trying to eat more whole foods and most days I eat all the calories that MFP recommends. Haven't been hungry or felt deprived. So far, so good! You can add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I am way too OLD for this Thread but I had to poke my 2 cents in.
    :flowerforyou: I will be 55 next month and I have been at my Goal Weight for 23 months
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi there! About 5'9" and started at 363... down to 227 or so and its really becoming a battle!!! Hang in there! Feel free to friend! I don't get out here much... but I try to stay supportive!!!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I will be 55 next month and I have been at my Goal Weight for 23 months

DAYUM!!! You look amazing! Congratulations and someone with your success and determination can put in your 2 cents anytime! We will all be the RICHER for it!

Thanks!
  • hwiese98
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I really appreciate all the answers. Did anyone follow a particular diet or just change portion sizes? How much do you guys exercise?
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 51 and I lost 60 lbs and I floundered for at least 15 years doing it.

My story here- - -> http://www.venusindex.com/roberta-saums-venus-index-transformation/

The diets I have tried -- > http://www.venusindex.com/ten-thousand-ways-that-wont-work/

ALL SUCCESSFUL ladies ---> http://www.venusindex.com/transformation-contest/

ALL SUCCESSFUL Men here ---> http://www.adonisindex.com/
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 39 & 5'7" and am down from around 330lbs to 208. I haven't followed any particular plan, other than to cut back on portions and alcohol, eat more fresh & home cooked food and started exercising. I've tried lots of different things regarding exercise, I started with an exercise bike, I have completed C25K, I've been swimming again, I'm just about to re start 30 day shred, having done ten days and stopped, but the thing I do most of is walking. It's rare that a day goes by that I don't get some walking done, even if it's only half an hour at lunch.

Good luck with your journey :flowerforyou:
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and have at least 100 to lose. So please friend me and we can support each other.
  • carlageek
    carlageek Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and I've lost over 100 pounds. Key for me has been developing patience, and the nice thing about being a little older is that it's a little easier to do that. I've been in an active weight-loss process for more than 3 years. But those three years have gone by lightning-quick - you know how quickly time goes by as you get older. So take your time, remember that time flies by whether you are losing weight or not - so you might as well be losing weight while it happens.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options

DAYUM!!! You look amazing! Congratulations and someone with your success and determination can put in your 2 cents anytime! We will all be the RICHER for it!

Thanks!

AMEN ^^^^^^
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!