stylish ONE-DERLAND shopping, really!?!?!

Options
This past Saturday, I hit ONE-DERLAND. It was an unbelievable feeling, one of awe, really. It has been over twenty years since the number on the scale started with a "1" and not a "2"...

There was some nagging disbelief that this was even possible and the scale was lying... until this evening...

I had promised myself a shopping trip for clothes when I passed this "200" marker, so tonight after work, I headed to my favorite store at the mall. Some of you may know Dressbarn's layout... half the store is Women's sizes and the other half Misses.

Walking in, I grabbed the most recent sizes I had purchased a few months back (18W with a snug fit) and proceeded to the dressing rooms with a dozen or so slacks, tops, and sweaters for the upcoming season.

After a few minutes, the clerk rapped on the door, asking how things were going...

As I stood frozen, staring at the mirror, somehow I managed to squeak out a bewildered response of "amazing" before breaking into a *happy dance*! These clothes were waayyy too big! Now, understand, I have continued to wear 22/24W to work throughout this weight loss journey. Yes, they were baggie, and yes, friends told me so (but, hey, why would I buy new clothes every other month, sheesh!), and 99% of all pants I own did not require zippers/snaps/buttons to get on/off....

But, really??? 16 was the next size downl!

So, the clerk returns, and I explain apologetically through the door how I have lost some weight, and these clothes are all too big. She asks for those items I would like in a smaller size (and then stares at them in disbelief, mumbling about them obviously being too large for me), and scurries off to search...

She returns with items not only from the "W" side of the store, but also from the "M" side!

Thrilled to report the 16's from the Misses department FIT without struggle! I'm a shapely kind of gal, though, with some serious hip/bottom going on, so I did settle on the 16W for work clothes (less Umpfff, ya know, in the workplace). The flow-y sweaters to wear over cute camis and tanks, only 14/16.

That I could even wear anything in "M" was a revelation AND an INSPIRATION TO KEEP GOING...

We can soooo do this!

By the end of the two-hour shopping expedition, the clerk also knew about MFP :bigsmile:

P.S. Gulp, I might actually have to clean out my closet! Hope you will too :drinker:

Replies

• maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome, what a great feeling!
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    What an amazing feeling. You must be floating on a cloud! Well done on your strength and determination.
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Holy bananas! I am so happy for you! Heck, I almost started tearing up, that is so exciting and awesome! Way to go!
  • warriorsdontbitch
    warriorsdontbitch Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    great job these stories keep me motivated. can't wait to go shopping at the end of this month
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    That rules
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    great job these stories keep me motivated. can't wait to go shopping at the end of this month

Warrior~
    Thank you! Ii can only hope to be where you are at now!
  • shlottelac
    shlottelac Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    must have been a faboulous experience! ^_^
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That is really great.

I have also had the problem of really big and baggy but my position at work doesn't actually allow for me to look a mess.

Luckily I managed to find reasonably priced pants which I bought in the next 2 sizes down. Once I am passed that I have tons of OLD clothes to wear.

Donate the baggy old stuff, it will motivate you and ensure you dont go back "there".

I love your story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That really is an awesome feeling, isn't it. I am now pulling clothes out of the closet that I haven't been able to wear in 5 years and they fit! But, how awesome will it be when I have to go buy new stuff in . . . drum roll please. . . . single digit sizes!!!? That is my next non-scale goal, and I cannot wait!! We can sooo do this! Rock on sister!

Edit: I do not own any single digit sizes. I haven't worn single digit sizes in 11 or so years.
  • TennesseeSodaholic
    Options
    FANTASTIC story! I am getting close to ONEderland, and I will DEFINITELY do a happy dance when that day comes!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful accomplishment! Congratulations.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    AWE HECK YEAH! I remember that day when I reached Onederland, it was WONDERFUL! :) NEVER LOOK BACK!
  • kirstineu
    kirstineu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That is great, I can not wait to get to One-derland!
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is awesome...what a wonderful feeling for you! I am now 7lbs away from One-derland..can't wait! Been a while since I see those numbers!!
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, we can sooo do this!

Thanks for the inspirational comments from those who have gone beyond this goal, and kudos to y'all in this boat with me!

Single digits?!?!? wow, Bgorum, those had not even crossed my mind... now new goal :bigsmile:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    EEEE!!! What a great experience!!! XD
  • mstclair03
    Options
    YEAH girl! Keep up the good work, you are an inspiration!
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    This is a great success story! Keep it up! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!