10k Tips?

Options
I will be running in the Statesman Capitol 10k race in Austin, TX on April 11th and I would like to know from those of you who have ran one before. What are your best tips and what was the hardest part for you and what helped you push through to the end? I run several miles everyday but I have not yet ran in an actual race. I am currently doing the couch to 10k program. Thanks in advance for any advice!:smile:

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Well I have good news, you will run the best you ever have! Races are a lot of fun, there's people around you pushing you, adrenaline takes over, and its just plain fun! Good luck and keep us posted :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • TheJetSet
    TheJetSet Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You will love it but be careful not to start off too fast, its easy to get pulled along with the others and then you'll run out of steam before the end. Try to keep to your usual pace for the first mile or so, you'll probably still find, with the push you can do at the end that you get your best time ever over that distance :drinker:
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    You will love it but be careful not to start off too fast, its easy to get pulled along with the others and then you'll run out of steam before the end. Try to keep to your usual pace for the first mile or so, you'll probably still find, with the push you can do at the end that you get your best time ever over that distance :drinker:
    I agree with this. And you'll be surprised when you see the 9k marker that you'll have a little boost, and you can drop the hammer for that last leg. :)