stylish ONE-DERLAND shopping, really!?!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is such a wonderful feeling. I had that moment a few months ago and also in a dress barn. took them 30 minutes to get me to cross over to the other side of the store. now there is no going back. awesome work, keep it up.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I think I actually cried a little reading this. Congratulations!!!!
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel!! Being able to shop in the NON-Plus sized section is a great feeling!! I am almost to ONE-derland myself, a place i haven't been since high school (over 20 yrs ago).
    :drinker:
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I did a similar shopping spree this last weekend but I am down and fitting into the jr section (10) , down from a size 20!!
    It does feel wonderful..

Congratulations!!
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I dared to go shopping for clothes for the first time last weekend and I was putting on clothes 2 sizes smaller than what was in my closet currently and they fit me, also crossing the great W-M divide. GREAT FEELING!! It's weird to get used to because your perception of yourself hasn't caught up with the reality! Keep up the great work :smile:
  • Jenks9
    Jenks9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    I just recently cleaned out my closet and I too had to go to the misses section for tops (the first time in as long as I can remember). I didn't shop for pants, but I can't wait to be in the misses sizes for them too!
  • kashmyre
    kashmyre Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That totally made me tear up a little. I remember a similar experience in the dressing room. I started at a 20/22W and the day the clerk said I think you need to try on a 4 (whaaa????) I cried a little.

Congratulations on your amazing progress!
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! It is a awesome feeling to buy clothes in misses department. I too started out in the W section. I have lost 35 lbs and I have a COMPLETELY NEW WARDROBE!!! I will have to say I do miss some of my favorite outfits, but not the size they were. I have been consignment/good will shopping because I too don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes every other month and I have to say I have found some VERY CUTE, IN STYLE, NAME BRAND clothes...Good Luck on your journey!!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! That is SO exciting! And i hear ya, ive been wearing the same clothes too. They look big and sloppy and my sister keeps making fun of me, telling me i look homeless. I finally went through my closet and got rid of a bunch of stuff cuz it was just time, i couldnt wait any longer. I'm ready to shop!
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Luckily, I wear skirts and tops all the time..
    and gratefully, I wear MAXI'S,
    which happen to be "in" this summer.
    Have bought everyone I could find..and went to Fashion Bug, (same kind if set up, also "Cato's"), and can wear the JR 21-23's..
    Down from the 24-26,s I was wearing. :heart: :heart:
    I am big busted,:blushing: so I can't wear too many of the JR tops, even have a few 18's.:love:
    am happy with what I am doing, blessed to be "In style" for once:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    these skirt's can be taken in as I lose more weight.
    I do not buy what I call "Expensive" clothes-
    Lane Bryant is where I shopped when I worked as an RN and made $$$$,
    but now, not so much.:ohwell:
    Besides, it seems like every blouse in there (LB) had to be sewed up 3" so half my boob's weren't on display...:noway:
    As usual, I made this all about me..
    So sorry..:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: (I wonder if I should count it as Cardio? lol))
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    What a great experience! You're going to love shopping more and more!
  • ginapless
    ginapless Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!!

I'm SOOOOO happy for you!!! You have me all excited to get there myself! I've about 8 lbs to go to 199. Soon... :)
    I'm really looking forward to actually ENJOYING clothes shopping. Been way too long.

And YES!! Get rid of those old, big clothes and NEVER go back!! Woo-Hoo!
  • ginapless
    ginapless Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah - and about wearing the "too big" clothes, not wanting to spend money every month...
    All my jeans are so loose I pull them up and down without unbuttoning/zipping! lol Feels kinda good, as a reminder of the weight I've lost so far, but boy! Looks bad! Miss droopy bottoms has gotta go soon. :D
  • joanlaxton
    joanlaxton Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I completely identify! One of my goals is to get out of the "WOMEN'S" dept. GREAT JOB!!! Shop away! :bigsmile:
  • Barblajo
    Barblajo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I'm very happy for you. I met a milestone today although not as great as yours. Today for the first time maybe 25 years I could weigh myself on my vintage 60 plus year old scale. Guess people were not as heavy way back then. I know I sure wasn't. This old set of scales still weighs perfectly. Things were also made to last way back then. :))
  • BCsurvivor1962
    BCsurvivor1962 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    What a great story and such an inspiration! I can't wait for that day!

You go girl :) You are doing great and deserve it!
  • julieo81
    julieo81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Holy bananas! I am so happy for you! Heck, I almost started tearing up, that is so exciting and awesome! Way to go!

Glad I wasn't the only one that almost teared up...

Congrats on a JOB well done
  • HealthyFor2013
    Options
    WOW! amazing i know what it feels like to be wearing 22's
    your an inspiration!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!