Replies

• wendybrat75
    wendybrat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7. I love it!
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT60 which is brilliant!
    So, I've reached my 5 lb goal and my reward to myself is a heart rate monitor. I need to look into it because I don't know much about them. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what a good brand or kind would be? I'm hoping not too expensive and convenient. Mostly I just want it to calculate calories accurately for me but it would also be nice to have a new exercise gadget:)
  • snowrose3
    snowrose3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reviews! You all are very helpful :smile: :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • CraigmileD
    Options
    I use one from Wahoo Fitness and it connects with my iPhone. It has it's own exercise app and is also compatible with my favorite running/biking app Endomondo. The battery, when it's needed, is replaceable. I love it.

http://www.wahoofitness.com/
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting one; my sister is on her second MIO and loves it.
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT80, and I love it!

I wrote a fairly extensive review, which would give you an idea of some of the features of a better model. I like it much better than the FT40, which I had for a short time.

I wear it in the water with minimal problem -- if the pool is too heavily clorinated, it does loose signal momentarily.

My review is at: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/GrammaBonnie/view/polar-ft80-heart-rate-monitor-review-406807
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    One other thing I want to add about my experience with the Polar FT4: My gym has a lot of Precor cardio equipment and the Precor machines I've been on automatically pick up the data coming from my heart rate monitor chest strap and will display my heart rate and calories burned on the machine (instead of the calorie guesstimates the machines usually come up with since they can't constantly read your heart rate otherwise). I find this very helpful, because it's easier to look down at the machine than to take my arm off the elliptical to look at the watch.

So if you plan on working out at the gym at least sometimes, that's another thing to consider. I can't guarantee that all Polars with with all Precors, but you could always search it on google if interested.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    So, I've reached my 5 lb goal and my reward to myself is a heart rate monitor. I need to look into it because I don't know much about them. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what a good brand or kind would be? I'm hoping not too expensive and convenient. Mostly I just want it to calculate calories accurately for me but it would also be nice to have a new exercise gadget:)

You've made it this far without the calorie count, don't worry about it now.

Get a non-Polar for the same price as featureless cheapest Polar model, that you can actually use with training options.

Then again, if you don't plan on doing much HR based training to improve performance, suggest a good MP3 player.

Why?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/723507-machine-vs-hrm-exercise-calories-the-whole-story