Question re: Angel Food Cake

Options
dulceluva
dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
Do you have to use a tube pan? I know last time I used a bundt pan (but its at my mothers place). I was hoping I could use any regular cake pan....

No??? I guess not because of how it rises?

thanks

Replies

• dulceluva
    Options
    Do you have to use a tube pan? I know last time I used a bundt pan (but its at my mothers place). I was hoping I could use any regular cake pan....

No??? I guess not because of how it rises?

thanks
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    My mamaw bakes hers in loaf pans like you bake bread in. You can bake it in regular cake pan but it will be very flat since you will only be able to put a little bit of batter in or it will overflow.
  • curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    You can also bake it in a pan with parchment paper. The paper "holds" the batter in and keeps it from overflowing. I do it in a 10 x 15 stoneware pan from Pampered Chef. Then I put cool whip mixed with cheesecake pudding on it and roll it up. Slice it and put a strawberry on it and it is yummy! Don't ask me how many calories etc--this was before changing the way I eat. It is still better for you than Chocolate Cake with icing! Hope this helps.
  • dulceluva
    Options
    lol thanks.

I do have a large cake pan.... maybe if I spread it out on that, it will prevent it from overflowing.
  • dulceluva
    Options
    You can also bake it in a pan with parchment paper. The paper "holds" the batter in and keeps it from overflowing. I do it in a 10 x 15 stoneware pan from Pampered Chef. Then I put cool whip mixed with cheesecake pudding on it and roll it up. Slice it and put a strawberry on it and it is yummy! Don't ask me how many calories etc--this was before changing the way I eat. It is still better for you than Chocolate Cake with icing! Hope this helps.

sounds so good but coolwhip is too rich for my blood (meaning, its too expensive for me on my budget) and I rather spend that money on fruits. I will eat mine with fruit. hehehe

I am going to try the diet 7up and cake mix variety