I need to have a SoapDish moment, Please!

Options
I am trying a week free membership at a local gym(anytime fitness). I have been there twice before as a guest. My soapdish is, is the wait to get on the cardio equipment everytime I have been there. I try to stay away from peak hours but a couple of those days I had to go. Shouldn't these places during peak hours only have a 30minute time limit. I really enjoy working out but stuff like this keeps me from wanting to exercise and spend my $$$.Thank you for listening to my soap dish. My conclusion is, is there any cardio I am able to do at home(without going outside, winter brrrr!!)

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    You actually gave me an eye opener. At times, I have to wait for a machine in my gym (and we have LOTS of machines), so when I finally get one, I don't think about a time limit. I mean, I don't usually stay on more than 40 minutes, but I never thought about it like that. But we probably have a lot more different choices than you might have. But I will be more conscious of it. I do tend to make sure not to "rush" to the machine in case someone else was standing around before me waiting that I didn't notice.

As far as doing stuff at home, I found this ten minute interval dancing videos that have 5 different workouts on them. My kids and I do them for 30 minutes a few times a week and all three of us are sweating afterwards. I've never worn my HRM, but my son suggested I do so next time. He says "don't forget you get to eat your dancing calories too mommy (he's 7)". They have all different types - hip hop, latin, etc. It's fun and so far hasn't gotten boring as I can mix them up.

I wish you success.
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have some old-school dvd's called walk away the pounds. I LOVE them. I have 1 to 3 mile sessions. The 3 mile is the longest and it's only 45 minutes. So you're walking at a really good pace. And I agree, Dancing is always fun! You could just grab a few different videos to do at home instead of buying expensive equipment. And if you want to use the gym to change it up a bit, then you can do that on the days that you're not hitting the peak times.
  • hdc1437
    hdc1437 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. And yes, space is limited in our gyms(I live in fairly small area). I just joined this website last week and I have gained so much from it already. Thanks to everyone for the support, advice, conversation, and overall helpfulness of everyone.:happy: