Has your weight loss tempted others to do the same

Options
My question is, has anyone's weight loss prompted your significant other to also do the same. First off... just to be clear, my wife is not fat. She does have a pretty high metabolism and it seems that she gets to eat a bit more poorly than I do, where I would end up gaining a lot of weight and she doesn't. Where I am concerned is, I hope that her metabolism doesn't end up slowing down and I just hope that she doesn't end up gaining weight.

I realize that this might make me sounds like an awful person... I just want both of us to be healthy. I am trying to really change my habits and make a difference in my appearance and health and I am just wondering if anyone out there has gotten a lot healthier and their husband or wife saw the results and jumped on the fitness bandwagon.

Replies

• mdbs2004
    Options
    This was a very unexpected NSV. I expected my kids (because I feed them) to get healthier but I had no idea how this would spread. My sister, brother, girl friend and friends have all now lost weight. Myself, brother, sister, son and girlfriend all ran our first 5k's this year. My sister now does them on a regular basis. Its amazing how addicting getting fit can be. Sometimes people just need to see how possible it is :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    nope...he left me...because it changed things for him...but that's ok, I was happy with the outcome...

i wouldn't worry about her metabolism as much as her health for now...eating poorly still yields results whether or not you put on a pound...slim people still have high cholesterol, heart problems, etc....

so hopefully she will get on the bandwagon too! Fingers crossed!
  • trudyblender
    trudyblender Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yup! My boyfriend started this site shortly after we started dating, and he's doing great!

It has also influenced several of my friends, who have maintained their dieting for up to a year! I began counting calories because my dad did it, and it worked.

There are people out there who I am close with who do not follow in my footsteps (even though they eat terribly and are beginning to have health problems as a result), but those who wanted to lose weight prior and just needed a fellow supporter jumped right on board.

People will ultimately do what they want, and I am not one to tell them how to live their lives. But if they want to make the change and need to feel like they are not alone, I think having a supportive, active partner will make all the difference in the world.
  • CookieRehab
    CookieRehab Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My fiance started to finally watch what he eats. But that was a year after me making a life style change.

I think my upcoming wedding has inspired more people. But I am still super happy for them.