Another Newbie

Options
Hello all!

I thought I'd introduce myself :) I'm a 23 year old female, living in Glasgow. Currently weighing in at 10st7lb (147 pounds) and I'm wanting to shift another 8 pounds.

I'm eating around 1,200 calories a day (which MFP suggests) but don't have much of a chance to do exercise as I work in an office 9-6, and I never really have the time on an evening.

Just wondering if anyone has any hints & tips for losing weight when you don't have time for exercise? And will the weight still come off if no exercise is happening on that calorie intake?

Thanks!

Sarah

Replies

• a978736
    Options
    TRY MORNING EXERCISE IT WILL GET YOU GOING :smile:
  • Billo
    Billo Posts: 8
    Options
    Heya!

well i work 8-6 and it's a mission tryin to do exercise in the evening. coz wen i get home i jus wana relax so.....
    i do it at 6am in the morning! it's hard to wake up for the first couple of days but after that you'll notice the difference it makes. You feel more fresher :)
    Hope this helps..
    :)
  • ncislandgirl
    ncislandgirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I work out in the mornings at a gym. I do a little cardio then take a weight lifting class. It feels good to have done something for myself first then start the day. It is a little hard to get up initially but feels great once you get used to it. Good luck!
  • burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    yeah - same here - I'm not a morning person - I'm nocturnal if anything! love stayin up late and hate getting up early! don't always get up - yesterday I had a lie in...

but get up - hit the gym at 6 or6.30am for an hour - kick starts your metabolism for the rest of the day. Also if you don't eat before you go it burns more stored fat in your fat cells than using up digested carbs in your bloodstream etc.... win win situation.

Also if you can eat at your desk (whenever you like) eat every 3 hours(roughly) a small meal. So you will have 5 small meals throughout the day - including breakfast and evening meal instead of 3 large meals...

this keeps your metabolism at a higher rate - and prevents your body going into starvation mode.

Good luck!
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I'm not getting in the excercise I am sure to be active in the office. I only take stairs and when I take breaks I'll go to the top and back down (about 10 flights). I also try to stand while I'm on the phone and move around. I even sit on the edge of my seat for that "active sitting" position.

This does not compensate for lack of excercise- but it keeps me on the right track. Its almost like a reminder that if I'm attempting to get in the excerise, I won't be as likely to ruin it with my diet.

I saw that they make office "bikes" they are little peddaling machines that are said to be silent and fit under a standard desk. Has anyone seen or tried this? My issue is, I cannot hardly imagine that you would be able to focus if your legs are moving. I guess its the whole question of walking and chewing gum:) I suppose I could get used to it!!

Happy Wednesday All!!! :flowerforyou: