Hello, I am Chardonneh and I am a fat-alholic.

Options
Sorry if my subject title comes off as dramatic but the changes I am seeking for my life of fatness is dramatic. This is day 2 for me here and I must say I like what I see so far. I will be here for a while in that I need to lose 150 lbs.

I have been overweight all my life but never obese till now. I was just recently laid off from my job of eleven years doing call centre work, the last 4yrs. from home. The weight piled on. I am not an over eater, sweets or fast food junkie, I just have not moved enough and only ate once a day. Eating healthy and frequent will be a challenge for me. Wish me luck.

Replies

• majik0516
    majik0516 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome Chardonneh, You have made the first step in the right direction in coming here, if you would like some support and motivation feel free to add me. You can do this.
  • jsheehan46
    jsheehan46 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome - second day here as well - feel free to add!
  • simonlcube
    simonlcube Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

One step at a time ...
  • pseel42
    pseel42 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Chardonneh,

Welcome to MFP!! You will always be able to get support here!!

I wish you nothing but the best in your lifestyle journey!! Feel free to add me!!

Paula
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and welcome to the group! I am sure you will love it here..there is a lot of support and motivation here!
  • howdeelightful
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first steps! This is my second second day. :) (I joined like 5 months ago, but didn't really use it.) Feel free to add me!
  • beautifulone14
    beautifulone14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This site is the perfect place to start! Please feel free to add, we all need motivation! YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a new you!!!! Stay strong - you will succeed!!! Best of luck on your journey!!
  • stephfranke
    stephfranke Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congrats - you are going in the right direction.... you may add me as well. I have to lose 100 lbs, and love my sweets, and dislike exercise, which is still needed to be put into my life... I have been on about a month, and find it helps to know you are not alone.
    Let' s get healthy together!
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Welcome and as the others have said you can do this and add me if you wish - Im the same as you - desk job, not eating enough and not eating the best when I did eat and not moving when I wasnt working. We're all working towards the same goals - fitter healthier selves.
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My Fitness Pal provides great opportunity... treat it as such....instead of a prison sentence like some people do... its all about maintaining a positive outlook and picking your butt up when/if you fall of the wagon, dusting it off, and climbing back on with a group of supportive people... you can do it! good luck!
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your MFP journey! :)
  • DreamerZenko
    DreamerZenko Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello Chardonneh. Sorry to hear about your job, first off. This is a really great start for you. I wish you all the luck in the world- you can do it! :)
  • Mamita_zapo
    Mamita_zapo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain sister, My problem is only eating once a day im in an office all day finding a chance to eat, I recently decided to do a raw fruit and veggie diet. it works better for my life style, i just cut up my fruit/veggies bring them in seprate bags and eat throughout the day. Which is great becuase now I feel full all day and I am not over eating...Plus i have so much energy i dont feel icky or tired after i eat , now i get the energy from the food that i consume. ...

Good Luck Girl

Iv got 100 left to loose.
  • rainlover711
    rainlover711 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am also new here and need to make some major changes.
    Good luck to you, I hope you get lots of support and help!!!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like,