NSV or sad?

Options
magerum
magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
Tomorrow is my birthday. I really have no desire to eat anything out of the ordinary (for me). I like my day-in day-out diet (diary's open if you're curious, I eat a lot nom nom nom). I plan my week ahead of time so you can even look at what's on the menu for tomorrow.

Is it a NSV that I don't want to stray from the path or is it kind of sad? Opinions welcome.

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'd say! Theres nothing wrong with that, actually I think its admirable. You have completely changed your lifestyle, and I would call that an NSV.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    It's your life. If you want to live it regimented like that, it's certainly your perogative.

For me, becoming too inflexible is a sing that things are out of balance in the opposite direction. So even though I used to over eat, I can tell by my own personality that obsessing over the every single day details is not good either.

I've been maintaining my weight for years. I like my days at the fair, and ice cream now and then at the zoo.
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Nope, not sad. But I have a lot of problems with food, so going outside my normal food plan usually means feeling bad for a couple of days. If you like the foods that you normally eat, there isn't really any reason to stray unless you REALLY want something different. Happy Birthday!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Doing exactly what you want on your birthday: WIN

Giving in to other people's ideas on your birthday even though that's not what you want: Not a win.
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Celebrating a birthday doesn't have to involve eating a lot of food. Celebrate in other ways. Get tickets to a show or a ball game. Go dancing. Do what's fun for you!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you happy. No one says you HAVE to have junk on your birthday. If it makes you feel better to not have it and you're not craving it, don't waste your energy on it.
  • Zoggy3333
    Zoggy3333 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congradts on 158 lbs lost!!! What does NSV mean?
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad I'm not the only one who considers 18 oz of chicken a serving! =)

Happy birthday!
  • jessicaj22
    Options
    This being my first time posting on one of these things, I just thought I would say that this is a NSV. You have gone through quite the lifestyle change, and it is good to see that you don't want to give it up. Shows true dedication!
    Tomorrow is my birthday. I really have no desire to eat anything out of the ordinary (for me). I like my day-in day-out diet (diary's open if you're curious, I eat a lot nom nom nom). I plan my week ahead of time so you can even look at what's on the menu for tomorrow.

Is it a NSV that I don't want to stray from the path or is it kind of sad? Opinions welcome.
  • jessicaj22
    Options
    No scale victory :)
    Congradts on 158 lbs lost!!! What does NSV mean?
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I think it is a fantastic, happy NSV! When I am out around other people and they are eating cake, or whatever, they always act like they feel sorry for me cause I 'cant" eat it. But I honestly don't want it anymore ,and that makes me really happy. It makes me hopeful that I really have changed, and I can continue to keep control of my weight. You have done GREAT, be proud!!
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I would say that if you have lost 160lbs doing what you are doing, it is most definitely a NSV. Great job and keep it up!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Not sad at all. My bday is sunday and I've already told my DH that I want to eat some place where I can get a good grilled salmon steak or a nice salad lol.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'd say that's a fantastic NSV - you've changed your eating patterns so much that you are no longer craving crazy amounts of unhealthy stuff - you no longer desire it. A lot of us are really looking forward to reaching that point. :wink: Good on you!!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    Celebrating a birthday doesn't have to involve eating a lot of food. Celebrate in other ways. Get tickets to a show or a ball game. Go dancing. Do what's fun for you!
    I want to go to the movies. I stash cut up cucumbers in my purse and a bottle of water lol
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options

Happy birthday by the way! And congrats on the great weight loss!
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    NSV for sure! You've changed your lifestyle so much that you don't even want to cheat/celebrate/reward yourself with food!!! That's huge and I think it's one of the best NSV I've ever heard!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It's probably different than most, but I would certainly not call being different in a healthy way sad.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    NSV. One of the most important things I have gained from this whole weight loss/get healthy thing is no longer seeing food as entertainment. It doesn't mean you don't enjoy it, it just means stuffing yourself with "treats" is no longer fun. This goes against a lot of what we are told by society and the media but I think it is a much healthier attitude towards food.
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    nsv! i wanted to do something this year, so i compromised with a pack of red velvet cookies and only ate a couple over the week and shared them around, still got my cake but didn't need 'cake and all that' WTG and super WTG on that ticker number! WOW!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!