1,200 - 1,300 calorie diets...

Options
Hi there,

I am trying to limit myself to between 1,200-1,300 calories a day. It may sound like not many calories, but so far I haven't been depriving or starving myself and I have not gone to bed hungry.

I was wondering if other people who consume between 1,200-1,300 calories/day and have an open diary could possibly reply to this post. I find I am having a hard time coming up with meal plans/meal ideas to keep myself in the 1,200 range.

Thanks all!

Replies

• phillipsak
    Options
    Bumping my own post!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I usually consume between 1200 and 1300
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I do 1200 but also excercise and eat back my calories. I plan for having xtra calories in evening so I have snack calories.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    my normal day is about 1200, unless I work out, then its a little more, the past week hasnt been the greatest, but before that is pretty good :)
  • phillipsak
    Options
    Thanks very much everyone. I just checked out that group... I did not realize it existed.
    If anyone else wants to share their diary with me, it would be most appreciated! I love taking peek at what other people eat in a day. Helps me with ideas for meals! Keep 'em coming!

Have a wonderful day :)
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm set at 1500, but frequently only reach 1200-1300 a day because I'm simply not hungry. I log everything, even a stick of gum or dash of salt, so if you want an idea of what a complete food diary looks like, you are welcome to check out mine.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary but I exercise to get extra calories and I probably consume 1650-1850 calories a day. But have a look.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Oh and I don't log black coffee which apparently has 5 calories so there's another 20 I get everyday
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You can look at mine! But I can just tell you and give you links to meals that have helped me stay under my calories when I was in the 12-1300 calorie range a few months ago. Now that I'm up in calories i'm finding it hard to keep all my calories "clean."

Eggs are great- scrambled for breakfast/lunch/dinner or hardboiled for a healthy/filling snack. Especially post-workout.
    Canned Tuna in water- with just a small squirt of mayo or ranch. On one or two pieces of wheat bread with lettuce, slice of cheese.
    Sliced Turkey in Wheat tortilla with lettuce, small slice of cheddar cheese, and squirt of ranch.
    Chicken Breast is great for dinner!!! Frozen or fresh veggies, lightly oiled wok, sliced/diced cooked chicken, with long grain rice!
    Chicken breast with salad!
    Chicken taco in wheat tortilla, lettuce, little bit of shredded cheese.
    Turkey sandwich on wheat bread- tomato, heavy on lettuce, slice of cheese, small squirt of dressing or ranch or etc.

The possiblities are endless!

Here are some links I like:
    http://www.workoutnirvana.com/clean-eating-lunches-are-easy-and-fast/
    http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/recipes/
    http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/p/recipe-box_20.html
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/plans/diets/the-lose-10-pounds-in-30-days-diet-healthy-lunches-under-400-calories/?page=2
    http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/real-food-resources/

Also, I LOVE www.food.com and you can type in "weight watchers" in the 'search' box and find a lot of low-cal/low-fat recipes! And all of these recipes are just as tasty as the food that has all the extra calories and crap in it! Hope this helps!
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Mine is open if you'd like to look. Though I tend to eat the same things everyday, I also do not eat my exercise calories back.
  • phillipsak
    Options
    BUMP, BUMP... BUMP IT UP!!
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    My diary is open. I aim for 1200 a day. Yesterday was a bad day though, and one day I didn't track dinner because I couldn't locate it all, but most of my complete days are good ones. I have breakfast and lunch from the cafeteria at work on weekdays since I'm lazy...
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 calories and my diary is open. I haven't been all that hungry as long as I space out the calories with lots of snacks. I've been trying to keep meals around 300 calories each with another 300 calories in snacks throughout the day. Ignore all of the beer. I tend to drink my exercise calories; but it's a great motivation to go for a run and walk to - from the pub.
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    you can look at mine. I am supposed to be around 1200 but i go to the gym almost every day so i usually take in a lot more than that. if you look at my meals though, since i eat 5-6 a day, you could still take some of them and put them into your plan. Mostly look at my recipies which are very low calorie and high protein.
  • phillipsak
    Options
    If anyone wants to add me, I have an open diary. Also, I'd like to add other 1,200ish calorie eaters with open diaries!