NSV or sad?

Options
2»

Replies

• jpaw1002
    jpaw1002 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    NSV! seeing as you've lost 158lbs...thats just amazing! i took a peek at your before picture and after and man! thats awesome! :bigsmile: great job
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    NOPE!! It's an NSV that you are not rewarding yourself with food like a dog!! YOU ROCK!! Spend the $40+ on something awesome, like tubing or rock climbing or something crazy!! Enjoy!! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Chellie_Bellie
    Options
    I think it's great! You've learned new healthy habits! Happy Birthday btw! Today is my birthday, going out with friends tonight, so I figured out what I am ordering ahead of time so I can still eat what I normally eat, or very close to it, it's been pretty easy.
  • HannahMLittle
    HannahMLittle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Planning out your week ahead of time is great! If you plan while you are full you can make more sensable choises for your week, then on that day if you are hungry or tempted to stray, you can remind yourself to stick to the menu! That's such a wonderful idea I may have to adapt it!!
  • Jack3r
    Options
    Flawless victory, I'd say :)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    It's only sad if it makes you sad! If you wanted to go crazy and eat lots of birthday-type food, and were just not allowing yourself, or feeling guilty about it - to me, that would be sad. But if you'd genuinely just prefer to carry on as normal and not use food to celebrate - nothing wrong with that. Happy birthday! :drinker:
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    how do you already know how many calorie youre going to burn from exercise on thursday and friday?

i think you should do what you want, but dont deprive yourself of something that you want. so if you dont want it, why bother? happy birthday!!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    how do you already know how many calorie youre going to burn from exercise on thursday and friday?

i think you should do what you want, but dont deprive yourself of something that you want. so if you dont want it, why bother? happy birthday!!

I exercise with the same equipment, using the same HRM, for the same duration of time @ about the same intensity (as best as I can tell) and at the same time(s) of day. Having done that for over a year I have consistantly burned, at the minimum, the values I put in. I adjust if required, but I find it's barely needed anymore. I also know my #'s are fairly accurate for the same reasons. Having all the same controls in place and getting the exact results predicted by my math for calories in and out.

Thanks for the support!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! I would like to point out that it's not like I don't eat any "junk"... I do eat a pint of ice cream every single night, which I attribute to my "meh" feeling towards needing additional junk food. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!