Vegans??

Options
Hi everyone!
I'v been using MFP for about 6 months so far. I've lost 22 pounds since my heaviest, and still have about 15 pounds I'd like to lose. I am on a 1200 calorie diet & work out usually 4 or 5 times a week. I've been a vegetarian for 4 years, and a vegan since January. Lately, I haven't been losing as quickly as I'd like to, and have trouble staying under 1200 calories a day. I am looking for other ladies who are vegans/vegetarians who can give some motivation and advice about meals. THANKS!!

Emma(:

Replies

• VeganHippieChick
    VeganHippieChick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Request sent :flowerforyou:

Vegans are free to add me too!
  • neckmonster
    Options
    I'm no longer vegan (I'm vegetarian - with occasional exceptions), but most of my snacks are vegan! I have found that a small amount (1/4 cup-ish) of walnuts or almonds can take some pressure off a hunger pang. Another easy one is baby carrots with some goddess dressing.

As far as meal planning, grains that are gluten free can be higher in protein (which is super important), like quinoa. I am also really fond of the Garden Delights noodles that have a lot of the nutritional content of the vegetables they're made from!

Good luck! :)
  • Em__143
    Options
    neckmonster: I am just getting into quinoa. I recently moved out on my own and never had to cook before so this is all new to me. Do you have any good quinoa recipes? (:

Thanks!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, there are also a couple of vegan/vegetarian groups here.

I've been vegan a few months, nearly done transitioning. I love quinoa. I like it with a little vegan butter and nutritional yeast. You can also use it in stuff mushrooms or bell peppers. Or add in some kale or greens and make a salad out of it with some beans. I make a big batch on sundays so I have some all week.
  • alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request, you can look at my diary for ideas. I have only been vegan for a few months and am still learning about cooking and balancing the diet.