Ground Beef Recipes?

Options
I'm looking for some healthy (and family-friendly) ground beef recipes. Any would be helpful. I always buy the 98% lean beef, but now looking for healthy ways to cook it!

Replies

• howdeelightful
    Options
    Anyone???
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com
  • mareahh
    mareahh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I got this from the myrecipe.com site and is very tasty. :D
    Italian-Style Meat Loaf
    1 1/2 pounds 92% lean ground beef
    1 cup fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce, divided
    1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/2 cup (2 ounces) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
    1/2 cup finely chopped onion
    1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    2 large egg whites
    Cooking spray
    Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.
    Combine beef, 1/2 cup pasta sauce, and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl. Shape beef mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Brush remaining 1/2 cup pasta sauce over top of meat loaf. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut loaf into 12 slices.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some healthy (and family-friendly) ground beef recipes. Any would be helpful. I always buy the 98% lean beef, but now looking for healthy ways to cook it!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Elen_Sia/view/the-recipe-that-grew-and-grew-healthy-beef-enchiladas-415701
  • geisharunner219
    Options
    My *fav* recipe is cooking the ground beef with taco seasoning, mixing it in a bowl with veggies (I use mixed veggies because it brings a lot of color to the dish) and add some rice!

My daughter is 3 and LOVES this! Well, put taco seasoning, ketchup, or parmasean cheese on anything and she'll eat it. Lol.

Another bonus - You can make this dinner in under 20 minutes!