IM ALWAYS HUNGRY

Options
so where does everyone weigh in on weight loss supplements...like hydroxycut or roxylean? I just feel like i am hungry all the time...and i try to spread out snacks and such because if i listened to my stomach i would eat all my daily calories before lunch. Is there something i can do to detour this hunger...such as a weight loss/ apetite curver? what does everyone else do when they are hungry and shouldnt eat?

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    what are you eating? If you are eating calorie dense foods, you won't "fill up" and will be hungry more. If you are eating a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, it helps quite a bit.

As far as the supplements, some people swear by a few, but at some point or another, I've tried several and none of them seem to be worth anything to me. I didn't successfully lose weight until I changed my habits.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    How much of a total deficit (sum of eating less and exercise calories) below present TDEE are you assuming? You also want to ensure you are drinking a lot of water while using thermogenic products. Additionally, what's your protein intake like? Protein is more filling than fruits and vegetables because it contains less water than the latter which is why they [F & V] absorb faster. Lastly, there is nothing wrong with eating all your daily calories before lunch or midday - assuming you do not eat more after (Intermittent Fasting operates on the principle of eating all your daily calories within a time window of 8,9,10, etc hours).
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    What's your height, weight, activity level, and how many calories are you consuming? What types of foods are you eating? If you're hungry you may not be eating enough.
  • emkinsella2012
    Options
    im 5'10 and 270 and according to the calculator thing i should be consuming 1530 for my loss goal. which im good about sticking to. i "workout" twice a day. i use that term loosely. i walk a treadmill for 20-30 minutes and usually do like 10 minutes or so of jumping jacks or something similiar. I really think its what im eating...im new to this so still working(learning) what works well for me. I really do think i need to bump up my protein and lessen my carbs. Usually for snacks i grab a granola bar or special K snack. which im finding not filling. any ideas on better more protein filled snacks? is there such a thing as a low-cal slimjim :smile: are there particular veggies that are better than others?
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I think you could increase your calories and still lose. I recently started using this calculator and increased my calories.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Greek yogurt is a great snack that's high in protein. It has 18g of protein per serving. Almonds is another one. I like having egg whites for breakfast just for the protein aspect. I also make my own protein bars. If you do a search you can find some recipes on here. If you want mine, let me know and I can send it to you.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    pills = bad.

Since no one ever consistently loses 2 lbs a week, why don't you set your goal a little less aggressive and aim for 1 lb or 1.5 lbs. Also, when you exercise, you can eat back your calories. Additionally, make sure you eat a lot of meats, fruits and veggies. They can all fill you up and provide much greater satiety value then stuff like breads, candy, drinks, etc...
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • susan_nelson
    susan_nelson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anybody heard of rasberry keytone tablets?
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Here are some things to try to help you feel more satisfied:

1. Are you eating at least 125 grams of protein and 30 grams of fiber a day? If not, try to get to those numbers, and I bet you will see a dramatic difference in your hunger.

2. Are you eating back your exercise calories? Some people get very hungry with exercise, eating back your exercise calories will help you stay on plan.

3. Avoid processed foods and sugar. These cause blood sugar spikes and dips, causing unreasonable hunger. (If the first two aren't working try this)

4. Avoid anything made with flour or ground grains. (If you are still hungry after trying the first three).

5. Increase your calorie consumption. Your body just needs the calories.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options

I've heard that they are really good at thinning out your wallet. Personally, I love frozen raspberries dipped in melted dark chocolate. That is an excellent way to get macro and micro-nutrients. Oh, and chocolate!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Here's a great article by Lyle McDonald:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/9-ways-to-deal-with-hunger-on-a-diet.html

I was going to copy and paste but it's a bit long. Good read though.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up for citing Lyle McDonald, one of my most cited experts :wink:
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Here are some things to try to help you feel more satisfied:

1. Are you eating at least 125 grams of protein and 30 grams of fiber a day? If not, try to get to those numbers, and I bet you will see a dramatic difference in your hunger.

2. Are you eating back your exercise calories? Some people get very hungry with exercise, eating back your exercise calories will help you stay on plan.

3. Avoid processed foods and sugar. These cause blood sugar spikes and dips, causing unreasonable hunger. (If the first two aren't working try this)

4. Avoid anything made with flour or ground grains. (If you are still hungry after trying the first three).

5. Increase your calorie consumption. Your body just needs the calories.

Great post!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Just like everything else Dr. Oz promotes, it's a waste. No pill or vitamin will promote weight loss in terms of measurable amounts.
  • gendril
    Options
    What helped me a lot was cutting anything with grains in it. After I stopped eating a lot of carbs and went on eating more lean meats and veggies i stopped being hungry all the time.

I think its because my blodsugar levels are so stable.

My advice is to cut out carbs and start to eat more meats, yoghurt, cheese (the real kind and low in fat), vegetables and if you need bread go for bread with lots of fiber in it.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    How much of a total deficit (sum of eating less and exercise calories) below present TDEE are you assuming? You also want to ensure you are drinking a lot of water while using thermogenic products. Additionally, what's your protein intake like? Protein is more filling than fruits and vegetables because it contains less water than the latter which is why they [F & V] absorb faster. Lastly, there is nothing wrong with eating all your daily calories before lunch or midday - assuming you do not eat more after (Intermittent Fasting operates on the principle of eating all your daily calories within a time window of 8,9,10, etc hours).

Pretty much what I was going to say. Intermittent fasting helps if you are like me and once you start eating you just don't wanna stop :)

Also, what you eat is super important. Those granola bars you're eating aren't going to do much for you, you'd be much better off having a protein shake/bar (you can make protein bars yourself if you want a cheaper & healthier option). Fiber is also good for satiating. If what you are snacking on is low in fiber and protein, try something else and you'll probably be able to tell the difference!

Also, whenever you think you're hungry, try water first. My hunger is frequently just misread thirst.