Asylum of the Daleks

Options
jonward85
jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
I couldn't help it! Season 7 Ep 01 was AMAZING! Any other whovians out there think so?

Replies

• Julescg26
    Julescg26 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yep rather enjoyed it too - hadn't realised a new series had started till a friend tweeted about it!
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Really enjoyed it, but now I have so many questions about what their going to do next. Really looking forward to the upcoming ep. on Sat.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for more weeping angel episodes... They are by far the most scary things in the who universe.
  • Julescg26
    Julescg26 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I too can't wait to see what happens next, i'm not one of these who thinks about what they can possibly do, I like to be surprised by what they come up with!
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Well I know the Weeping Angles are coming up sometime this season. I know a few things (I won't spoil it), but what I heard is suppose to happen, took a big twist after this episode, so now I am really confused lol
  • tanyar23
    tanyar23 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I must watch this!!!
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I liked it a lot! A good Dalek episode.

I think the whole Rory/Amy "I hate you just kidding" situation could have been removed entirely and it would have been just as good.

The actress who played Oswin is confirmed as the next companion (we only get Amy and Rory until Christmas), and I wonder:
    - Will she be a different person altogether? (The actress who played Martha, for example, played an entirely different character in one of the Rose episodes).
    - Will she join up with the Doctor before this episode (ie before she's turned into a Dalek) in her personal timeline? (Unlikely, since she didn't seem to recognize him)
    - Is there some way to un-Dalek someone? I think this would be a little bit of a cop-out, as the Asylum was blown up (I guess she could have escaped?) and there's never really been any hint that it's possible to un-Dalek someone.
    - Will she (and there's no way I think this will happen, but I think it would be SO badass if it did) join him AS the Dalek? Like, big scary Dalek follows the Doctor around like K-9, and every now and then we get glimpses of her imagined world?

So many questions!
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    already been a big twist since the new doc who assistant is not supposed to be join until around Christmas but the girl who was a dalek souffle girl is the new assistant and that she was making an early appearance was kept quiet!
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    a great DALEK episode!! very excellent!
    also my tardis dress arrived from Black Milk. perfect timing.

(about Oswin, i imagine that the Doctor is meeting her backwards in his time line (but forwards in her regular timeline), cuz Moffet does that kind of thing so well. and i suspect that she is genius because of him perhaps?)
  • mccdl34
    mccdl34 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My son agrees with you about the weeping angels!
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I couldn't help it! Season 7 Ep 01 was AMAZING! Any other whovians out there think so?

Hi Jon,

Of course! It was excellent, and I didn't see the twist coming, although watching it for a second time I should have.

My prediction is that the Statue of Liberty is a weeping angel that never moves because someone is always looking at it. Although I doubt the BBC has the budget for that! :laugh:
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm excited to see it, but with no cable, it may be a bit.
    However, I did dress as #10 for a costume party Saturday night, which was pretty friggen fun.
  • Deedles2012
    Deedles2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for more weeping angel episodes... They are by far the most scary things in the who universe.

^^This.

I have kind of lost interest with this most recent Doctor. Something about him just puts me on edge. I want David Tennant back or Christopher Ecckleson (sp).
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    I'm not sure how they will deal with the Oswin thing, but I hope they don't do the timeline thing again. I liked how they did that with Riversong, but it wouldn't have the same effect this time, almost feel like retrading a storyline. Can't really figure out how they will pull it off, but just hoping its done well, which I have no reason to believe they won't, they've done everything right up to this point
  • divinebird
    divinebird Posts: 81 Member
    Options

No way...the scariest things for me were the Vashta Nerada. BECAUSE OF SUNBEAMS OMG AUGGGGHHHHH

XD I loved the new ep, though. :D
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    a great DALEK episode!! very excellent!
    also my tardis dress arrived from Black Milk. perfect timing.

(about Oswin, i imagine that the Doctor is meeting her backwards in his time line (but forwards in her regular timeline), cuz Moffet does that kind of thing so well. and i suspect that she is genius because of him perhaps?)

Indeed! Although the 'meeting the girl at the beginning and knowing how she dies' has really been done to death with River Song....I hope he's got something cleverer up his sleeve.
  • aliceg94
    aliceg94 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Oooh, a chance to meet more fellow Whovians :smile: Feel free to add me
    I loved it; it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be and I loved the fact that the new companion was in the episode. Like everyone else I have soooo many questions now, haha. But I expect that from Steven Moffat and Doctor Who in general.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Oh, I'm excited to see it, but with no cable, it may be a bit.
    However, I did dress as #10 for a costume party Saturday night, which was pretty friggen fun.
    You can get it on Amazon instant, I think its $2 an episode. That's how I am doing it, since I don't have BBC America.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I liked it a lot! A good Dalek episode.

I think the whole Rory/Amy "I hate you just kidding" situation could have been removed entirely and it would have been just as good.

The actress who played Oswin is confirmed as the next companion (we only get Amy and Rory until Christmas), and I wonder:
    - Will she be a different person altogether? (The actress who played Martha, for example, played an entirely different character in one of the Rose episodes).
    - Will she join up with the Doctor before this episode (ie before she's turned into a Dalek) in her personal timeline? (Unlikely, since she didn't seem to recognize him)
    - Is there some way to un-Dalek someone? I think this would be a little bit of a cop-out, as the Asylum was blown up (I guess she could have escaped?) and there's never really been any hint that it's possible to un-Dalek someone.
    - Will she (and there's no way I think this will happen, but I think it would be SO badass if it did) join him AS the Dalek? Like, big scary Dalek follows the Doctor around like K-9, and every now and then we get glimpses of her imagined world?

So many questions!

These are the same questions we were all throwing around after a group watched the episode. Can't wait to see where they go this season. Would love to see a Dalek companion!
  • vbrent07
    Options
    I loved it also and was happy that they finally did another show involving the Daleks! I am ready for the next episode, Dinosaurs on a spaceship!