Cleanses...

Options
How often do you do them and for how long? I have been thinking about doing one because I never have. Thx in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I would never do a 'cleanse', there is no purpose to them. They are just fancy words for severely limiting calories for short period of time so that your body loses water and potentially muscle.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you need to do one?
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I cleanse my face 2x/day.
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    LOL @ at the cleanse your face 2x a day!!

Thx Brian, I'll be honest... I was only thinking about doing one because a co-worker was. He said it was to remove toxins. I figured "hmm toxins, I'm sure I have those". This eating healthy and changing my lifestyle is VERY new to me and I want to do all that I can. I'm NOT trying to lose some quick water weight and I sure as heck don't want to lose muscle. If it's something that is bad then no, I wouldn't want to do one. Just looking for some friendly advise.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

Thx Brian, I'll be honest... I was only thinking about doing one because a co-worker was. He said it was to remove toxins. I figured "hmm toxins, I'm sure I have those". This eating healthy and changing my lifestyle is VERY new to me and I want to do all that I can. I'm NOT trying to lose some quick water weight and I sure as heck don't want to lose muscle. If it's something that is bad then no, I wouldn't want to do one. Just looking for some friendly advise.

Not trying to be a smartmouth, but if your liver and kidneys are properly functioning, you don't have anything to worry about in terms of toxins. And even if you did, these "cleanses" wouldn't help.

Some of the "cleanses" are simply wastes of money. Others are actually dangerous to your health.
  • 1ahcj
    1ahcj Posts: 10
    Options
    why put yourself through that tourture? drink water and green tea and i think thats all the cleanse you need, that should flush you out. eat the things that grow from the ground,plants, and trees and you will be fine; not all the processed stuff.
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Not smartmouthing at all, I appreciate your reply. If I'm doing just fine on my own then I'll continue doing just that. I'm not a big tea drinker but I can look into that. I don't want to torture myself. I guess what I really needed was reassurance that I'm already doing what I need. Thx for your help everyone!! Believe me I need it :blushing:
  • _granola
    Options
    Every once in a while I have Chipotle. Works pretty well. Get some spicy salsa and a lot of beans.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You mean a colon cleanse? What kind of cleanse?
  • andrewlazenby
    Options
    How often do you do them and for how long? I have been thinking about doing one because I never have. Thx in advance :flowerforyou:

Well we try to do them once per week, hoefully before the weekend. We figure if we have guest over they would not want to see the filth. Normally, I try to take care of the vacuming and my wife will make sure the kitchen it tip top. We both normally tackle things like the bathrooms,showers and other odds and ends together. I find that if you have a stubbourn stain a little soap and some elbow grease will pretty much cleanse anything,
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Not trying to be a smartmouth, but if your liver and kidneys are properly functioning, you don't have anything to worry about in terms of toxins. And even if you did, these "cleanses" wouldn't help.

Some of the "cleanses" are simply wastes of money. Others are actually dangerous to your health.

My husband has Crohn's and a colon cleanse does him a world of good. They aren't for everyone, but they can be beneficial for some people.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while I have Chipotle. Works pretty well. Get some spicy salsa and a lot of beans.
    Or Taco Bell. Chilis. Applebees. Pizza Hut.
  • miamstem
    Options
    1) You are going to find a bunch of people with a variety of different opinions on this subject so if you truly want to do a cleansing go to a licensed holistic nutritionist. I know they are encouraged in my schooling as a Nutritional Life Coach but to each it’s own.

2) depending on what you are eating and what environmental toxins your exposed to it can be more the your liver and kidneys can handle (some toxins our bodies CAN'T handle which is why we get sick), this causes the bad stuff to build up in your cells which can affect, mood, energy production and memory. This is where a "cleansing" diet can help, it can help eliminate the buildup of toxins in your body and help realign your chi.

3) When in doubt go see a professional nutritionist and they can help you out! You can even do online research for yourself but I would defiantly recommend seeing a professional first.