Recovery Drinks

Options
Hello everybody! I was wondering about some yummy homemade recovery drinks recipes!! I love strawberries, bananas, kiwis, and blackberries!! Okay now everyone post pictures of your favorite homemade recovery drinks with the recipes!! :)

Replies

• andrewlazenby
    Options
    Ovaltine. After a long ride nothing beats a glass of chocolate milk. Nice mix of fats, carbs and protien.
  • rrolling27
    rrolling27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use Pro from Visalus! Its an awesome product! Just dump it in water on my way home from the gym. Its great for post work out muscle recovery! I use it everyday! If you need help getting some let me know! Prolonged energy all day!
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love this topic...we did an experiment with this in college as part of a research grant (that's how our summer swim team was funded). Turns out, the best post-workout recovery drink out of the ones we tested was Chocolate Milk! Had the best blend of sugar, protein, fat, etc. We tested it against different types of gatorade, powerade, etc.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "recovery?"
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    My recovery drink:

16oz glass of water
    Rare steak

Take together.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    My recovery drink:

16oz glass of water
    Rare steak

Take together.
    Nom nom
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I love this topic...we did an experiment with this in college as part of a research grant (that's how our summer swim team was funded). Turns out, the best post-workout recovery drink out of the ones we tested was Chocolate Milk! Had the best blend of sugar, protein, fat, etc. We tested it against different types of gatorade, powerade, etc.

You got a research grant to drink chocolate milk? No wonder we are 16T in debt
  • elk102
    elk102 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, my favorite is 4 oz of Vanilla Almond milk, 4 oz of orange juice, 1 tablespoon vanilla whey powder with crushed up ice.Blend together. You might want to put a little sweetner in it if you prefer. I have one of these when I come home from doing my 4 mile walk. It is approximately 110 calories. Taste just like a dreamcycle. Enjoy!!!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    2 scoops Gatorade powder, half scoop of protein powder, add water..
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    green smoothie:

5 oz baby greens (chard, spinach, kale)
    1" lemon peel
    big handful of raw mint leaves
    1 banana
    1-2 cups frozen berries, or fresh berries + ice
    2 tablespoons toasted flax seeds or chia seeds
    pinch of salt if I sweated a ton
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    A latte.
  • wham55
    Options
    All sounds great!! I am going to drink them after doing insanity!
  • wham55
    Options
    I use Pro from Visalus! Its an awesome product! Just dump it in water on my way home from the gym. Its great for post work out muscle recovery! I use it everyday! If you need help getting some let me know! Prolonged energy all day!

Is it expenisive?
  • FlamingJune67
    FlamingJune67 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi, my favorite is 4 oz of Vanilla Almond milk, 4 oz of orange juice, 1 tablespoon vanilla whey powder with crushed up ice.Blend together. You might want to put a little sweetner in it if you prefer. I have one of these when I come home from doing my 4 mile walk. It is approximately 110 calories. Taste just like a dreamcycle. Enjoy!!!

I've got to try this!
  • wham55
    Options

I've got to try this!

Agreed haha
  • wham55
    Options
    green smoothie:

5 oz baby greens (chard, spinach, kale)
    1" lemon peel
    big handful of raw mint leaves
    1 banana
    1-2 cups frozen berries, or fresh berries + ice
    2 tablespoons toasted flax seeds or chia seeds
    pinch of salt if I sweated a ton

sounds good!
  • rrolling27
    rrolling27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its not that bad! I used mine after Insanity too! i did two rounds of Insanity and lost 40lbs!! LOVE it! You will def need a recovery drink after that work out! DIG DEEP!!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Another vote for plain old low fat chocolate milk (has to be cows' milk).