Anyone want to do the 100 pushup challenge with me?

Options

Replies

• SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I add push-ups in before chest workout days....so i don't exactly keep to the program days. Last day completed is below:

Week 5 Day 1.
    Max 70
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I didn't die....lol....thats a point in the plus column.

Now don't laugh ladies, I know you're all doing twice if not 3 to 4 times more than I'm doing.

End of the week - W1D3.

Max - 8

So even in a single week, I can see the tiniest bit of improvement over my initial test. Original test I barely got 5 and so at the end of 1 week I see a 3 rep increase after only 3 days of doing it. Nothing to write home about of course but every little bit helps
  • AzDave43
    AzDave43 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm in. I'll do the initial test today and start week one on Monday. Looking forward to it!!
  • ThePTrain
    Options
    W1D3 completed. So I have been combining the sit-up and squats also. This makes a great part of my workout. Really notice a difference today in all areas. Thanks for starting this thread I am really enjoying this challange.
  • AzDave43
    Options
    Initial test complete. 24 pushups puts me in the third rank.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    W3D2 completed.
  • PancakesAreEvil
    Options
    I'm in. Just made it in rank 3 with 16 push ups.
  • ThePTrain
    Options
    W2D1 completed. I figured I would do these first thing this morning and do regular exercise routine later today.
  • NGT351
    NGT351 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Knocked out 25 (level 4) after I was logging in my 5k run and noticed this message board and the website. Interested to see how long I'll keep this up.
  • NGT351
    NGT351 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Knocked out 75 pushups as part of my CrossFit workout. That will have to suffice for W3D1.
  • lindsiswatchingyou
    Options
    Just finished W2D1: 9, 11, 8, 8, 12
  • geebusuk
    Options
    W3D3 completed yesterday.
  • ThePTrain
    Options
    W2D2 completed. Really did not want to do anything today but I pushed thru it.
  • pancake100
    pancake100 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in I did 20 this morning
  • missjacki
    Options
    Just finished W3D1

15-20-15-15-15 (I was supposed to do 25 on the last rep, but I couldn't. I literally collapsed.)

I slacked last week....actually I didn't really slack since I am training for a 5k this weekend....but I did slack on the pushups!
  • geebusuk
    Options
    W4D1 done.
  • lindsiswatchingyou
    Options
    W2D2: 10, 12, 9, 9, 15....still going!
  • Jebbster007
    Options
    W2D3

So second week completed and no slacking.....at least so far...lol......

5-7-5-5-max 11.

So I'm still in single digits basically but I have doubled the number of pushups possible for me in only 2 weeks. I'm doing my second exhaustion test tomorrow on Saturday and will log that in when completed.

I did also start the 200 squats program the beginning of my second week of the push-ups but due to some serious knee pain, I think I'm going to begin that a little more intermittently.
  • Jebbster007
    Options
    Just finished W3D1

15-20-15-15-15 (I was supposed to do 25 on the last rep, but I couldn't. I literally collapsed.)

I slacked last week....actually I didn't really slack since I am training for a 5k this weekend....but I did slack on the pushups!

Hey missjacki......did that chair technique I mentioned for pull-ups work for you? Or did you try something different?
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    W5D1
    184 pushups (19+19+21+22+18+18+22+45)