What do you tell yourself?

Options
What do you tell yourself when you skip a workout? When you make poor food choices? When you take the easy way out?

Replies

• OhKelsey1
    Options
    Today, in effort to NOT let myself skimp out on my run, I used this as a sort of mantra: "The only way to run farther is to run farther."

When I DO skip out or make a bad choice, I usually tell myself to get over it and try again tomorrow. I don't like dwelling.
  • banks89202
    Options
    I feel horrible about it afterwords lol
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    That I will make up for it later... and I usually do :)
  • lriley52
    Options
    My mantra: If you are tired of starting over, quite giving up!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I tell myself I'll do better next time. I've done more than my fair share of beating myself up about things over the years. It never helped.
  • sachrisk
    sachrisk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My Mantra #1: I will NOT give up on myself.

I always plan/schedule my workout, never wanting to leave it up to chance that I will have the time or feel like getting it done. If something unexpected comes up to cause a missed workout, and it's not just me being lazy or failing to plan, I get over it and recommit myself to the next one. If I am being lazy and do not try hard enough to get my workout in, I remind myself of how powerful and strong I feel when I accomplish a weeks' worth of workouts without excuses. Then I force myself out the door to move for at least 10 minutes, after which nine times out of ten I will continue for a longer walk or even a jog.

My Mantra #2: "Every da%$*n day. Just do it." (Stolen from Nike. :smile: )
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    Options
    I try not to ever miss a workout, but there are times when it can't be avoided. So, I just say to myself it's not going to kill me and there's always tomorrow. :)
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Life is too short ! You are allowed to skip a workout -- You are allowed to eat whatever you frickin' want.
    Enjoy yourself when you want and then get back to reality and continue on with your plan to succeed in this Journey!
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    That's me today, I am not going for my jog as I had a terrible sleep and NO energy, but tonight after dinner I will go for a long walk to make myself fell like I'm doing something, and tomorrow I'll jog a little longer. I always make up for it
  • Morfein
    Morfein Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well, always do better tomorrow butthead. (usually I use something a bit more harsh then butthead)
  • scarrymzcherry
    Options
    I am Strong
    I am Fit
    I am Determined
    I will Succeed
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    i get pissed off and moody when I skip my workout just like this morning! i beat myself up all day, but try to make up for it by focusing on my diet for the day and then I have my trainer kick my *kitten* the next day for missing the day before! That's when a trainer really comes in handy!
  • Solisci
    Solisci Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I try not to beat myself up about it, somehow it makes it worse!
  • Solisci
    Solisci Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i get pissed off and moody when I skip my workout just like this morning! i beat myself up all day, but try to make up for it by focusing on my diet for the day and then I have my trainer kick my *kitten* the next day for missing the day before! That's when a trainer really comes in handy!

i am exactly the same!