weigh? clothes on or off?

Options
This is a kindof crazy question. But out of curiousity when you weigh yourself to record your weight do you do it with clothes on or off? I like to weigh myself first thing in the morning, but the difference with clothes on or off could be 3 lbs or more?

Replies

• catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Naked.
  • meganhopkins
    Options
    Clothes off. This gives you a read that will only vary if your weight varies, not your outfit.
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    wow :)
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Totally naked, first thing in the morning for me.
  • TexasBuckeye
    Options
    LOL.....I do it at work so definitely clothes on.
  • Darkraven
    Options
    nekkid just before my shower in the morning! Try to stay consistent with time of day and situation! That way you don't discourage yourself cause you can fluctuate a few lbs during the day.
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I also do clothes off that way I'm weighing only me and not the clothes, also in the AM just before I get in the shower.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    No clothes, first thing in the morning
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    I record what I weigh in the doctor's office on their scale (once a month with clothes on - of course). However, my doctor says that is about 3 lbs more than I actually weigh. So, it makes no difference. Just be consistent in whatever way you do it and always weigh at the same time of the day.
  • schaneye
    Options
    Okay, lol Thank you all
  • burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    get 'em off!! :P

naked - it works 70% of the time...every time! :laugh:
  • tmzana
    tmzana Posts: 23
    Options
    Naked. First think in the morning.
  • size6Jessi
    Options
    lol, yall weigh in after not eating for 10 hours! I weigh in at night and the only way i would take the time to take all my clothes off would be if I was wearing a snow suite or something. I wigh between 129-131 every evening. If I did it in the morning would it tell me how much I weighed becuase it would probubly be like 127 or something. I dont think im really 127. But it would be nice to see!
  • jenng38
    jenng38 Posts: 105
    Options
    totally naked in the AM!!
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Naked at home

With cothes on at the gym :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Naked at home

With cothes on at the gym :laugh:

:laugh:

Prude! :laugh:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    lol, yall weigh in after not eating for 10 hours! I weigh in at night and the only way i would take the time to take all my clothes off would be if I was wearing a snow suite or something. I wigh between 129-131 every evening. If I did it in the morning would it tell me how much I weighed becuase it would probubly be like 127 or something. I dont think im really 127. But it would be nice to see!

Yes, I weigh after I haven't eaten for 10 hours (and naked for the OP's question). If you weigh right after you eat, you are going to have the extra weight of the food you just ate and anything you may have drank. That weight isn't yours. It will leave the system eventually. If you wait a few hours until the food is out of your system, then you might as well wait 10 IMO. At least in the morning, I know that it is a lot less likely that any bad numbers I see could be blamed on water or food weight.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

Exactly. The point is -- we eat and drink different amounts and wear different clothes and shoes every day so those are a lot of variables that can really cause your weight to fluctuate.

Edit: I see Crystal already covered this. :flowerforyou:

And to the OP - nude
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    my official weigh-in is wednesday, cause i started dieting on a wednesday (actually 5 months ago today).

i bounce out of bed slip into my swimsuit, weigh, grab breakfast & head out to water aerobics.

so i weigh same time, same outfit, every week.

-katie
  • Questfor250
    Options
    Naked in the morning before you shower. Moisture left on the body adds weight. Try and void all before you get on the scale. I have weighed my typical clothes and shoes. They total 5 pounds all by themselves. Another reason I go naked to weigh in. I like seeing the changes in my body. It helps even when the scale doesn't say what you want it to.