HELLO, LOOKING FOR NEW FREINDS FOR MOTIVATION

Options
I have made the decision that it is time to take my life and health back! I have a 5 year old son and I want to be able to spend time with him and we have a 2 year old Lab. I need some frugal food ideas that I can use to create healthy snacks and some suggestions on what my pootion sizes should be.

Replies

• giorgiomera
    Options
    more power to you! You're gonna love even starting to get healthy :) every day you stick to it will be a better day. I'll send you a request and daily encouragement your way
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Same here. I post healthy recipes on FB all the time for goodies I find in Cooking Light magazine. Feel free to friend me!
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you girl! I'll send a request and we can motivate each other.
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'll send a request. I don't really cook so can't help you there but always here to help motivate!
  • ChrissyBruner
    Options
    I am new here too, so let's motivate each other :-)
  • slymgym56
    Options
    Hi My daughter put me on to this website as she is trying to lose weight so I am joining her hope to lose about 3 stone have tried various diets. I have found that my biggest problem is portion sizes so I am measuring everything as what I have previously done is think I know how much I have been eating and I am really a secret eater as my portion sizes are bigger than I had thought and I 'forget' to count some things (especially high calorie things)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Anyone and everyone is free too add me.
  • monique1915
    Options
    Hello, I like Jennie-o lean ground turkey 93/7, seasoned and eat it with cabbage or lettuce. Its like lettuce\ wraps :) Add a vegetable with it broccoli is pretty good. Good luck and you can do it!
  • Fitorbust73
    Fitorbust73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am here to encourage and can use tons of help myself.. I have been on the site for 2 weeks -- friend me
  • butterflyfairy2
    butterflyfairy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I sent out some requests as well. I could use the friends and motivation myself. If you didn't get a friend request from me, please feel free to send me one. :)
  • tjohnson1920
    Options
    Thank you so much and I love cabbage!
  • rede2go
    rede2go Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place! People here are amazing. We are all on the same journey just in different spots. Hold on to the small victories and be kind to yourself. We all seem to want to see instant results and that isnt usually the case. Do what you can today and we will worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. I will send you a friend request! good luck!
  • Ang041913
    Options
    Hello! Today is my first day using MyFitnessPal and so far I LOVE it. This system is similar to Weight watchers but its FREE! Lost 60 pounds on weigh watchers so i know i can lose the my goal of 65 this time around.

I am getting married in April 2013 so I will be trying my hardest to loose it all by then!

Friend Me so we can support each other with reaching our goals : )
  • embracingmycurves
    Options
    Also new to mfp. Need all the motivation and encouragement I can get. Feel free to add me.
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am new today!! My daughter told me about this site and so far...I think it is great. I can't wait to see results!
  • stoetzel
    stoetzel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Everyone needs a little motivation here and there. I know that I get my mind set to follow a program and then I decide I either want to eat whatever I want and give up or just plain get tired of keeping up with everything that I eat. I acutally just started taking the Slimquick for Women as of yesterday that is called the 25lb challenge. It is supposed to decrease your appetite, increase your metabolism, reduce excess water, increase energy and reduce stress. All of these things are supposedly the reason that women have issues losing weight. I am trying to see what happens. On top of that, I am watching my calories very closely. I would take the amount of calories that you are allowed each day and divide them up for each meal or leave more for that one meal of the day that is most important to you. I usually eat 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, and toast for breakfast. I try to eat a sandwich for lunch and then whatever for dinner. I work really hard to stay on track during the week and then if I do good, cheat on the weekends. One thing I have to keep telling myself is that it is a new way of life. I have a 3 year old that sometimes I can't keep up with and I would like more energy to run after her. Hope this helps a little
  • pseel42
    pseel42 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello,

The support and motivation that comes from MFP is amazing!!!

I'm working on getting health again. It's been a rough 7 months for me but I'm going to be making changes and I would love to be able to help you any way I can.

If you want to add me, you can.

Paula