23-year-old female nerd looking for weight loss buddies!

Options
Hello there! :) I'm looking to lose about 65lbs (or so) for vanity and cosplay purposes.

I don't have an exercise regimen in place yet as I don't want to overwhelm myself--I do walk my puppy for an hour a day, but he has tiny stubby legs and stops frequently to sniff. It's pretty leisurely.

My diet is low-carb: 5% carbs, 30% protein, 65% fat. I've been eating gluten-free for 3 or 4 months now and I feel amazing. I had no idea I was allergic my entire life... wish I had! I'm thinking about experiment with dairy free for a week or two in October, but for now my girlfriend and I have set to a LCHF challenge for September. So far so good, although I do miss potatoes.

I like fandoms. I like watching shows, reading books and playing games and then disecting them and discussing them as though I'm being graded. My girlfriend and I have examined and re-examined exactly what each High School Musical character was thinking as they went along their merry, musical, Disney lives... and we actually enjoyed it. /shame

Recently I've been particularly into League of Legends, Game of Thrones, Wicked, The Hunger Games, and .... Pretty Little Liars. (ITS SUCH A HORRIBLE SHOW, BUT I CANNOT STOP.)

I'm hoping for some nerdy, 420-friendly weight loss buddies to keep each other in check and just get to know! :)

Replies

• dancinnat
    Options
    Totally with you and your girlfriend on Pretty Little Liars. It's like a train wreck but I can't stop watching. And The Hunger Games...

I'm 26, 420 friendly, and it's ridiculous how much I miss potatoes.
  • Anticipated_Serendipity
    Options
    NERDS <3.

I'm 24, and have 108lbs to lose. I'm 420 friendly (just not into myself). Can't say I'm into Pretty Little Liars, but I love The Hunger Games.

I'm obsessed with 80's movies, and love playing zombie video games. Feel free to add me. :D
  • bastgoddess7
    bastgoddess7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Nerds unite!!!
    :)
  • Morfein
    Morfein Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Curious as to what characters you like to cosplay?
  • JnanaNari
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me too! I'm a proud geek and nerd myself. My hubby is an actor/writer, and also happens to be the DM for our weekly Dungeons and Dragons game. I have about 80 pounds to lose.
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am 22 and also a huge nerd - definitely into medieval things (i also love Game of Thrones), video games (Console, Steam, or MMOs), and a huge lover of sci-fi (Battlestar Galactica is my favorite sci-fi show). :glasses:
  • den0709
    Options
    Hi! I'm 25, and totally nerdy :)

I loved The Hunger Games, though I totally cheated (myself) and watched the movie first. I have yet to read the books. I love playing video games. My husband and I enjoy playing games together. I have to say I'm much better at it than he is though, 'cause he loves to watch me play and hands me the remote on all the hard parts or bosses, lol. We enjoy it :)

I don't watch Pretty Little Liars, only because if I start I'll be addicted I'm sure. I 'm more into horror/sci-fi/suspense movies. I love the Big Bang Theory and The Walking Dead.

Feel free to add :smile:
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Umm definitely adding you.
    Cosplaying is one of my reasons for wanting to lose weight as well actually.
  • Caiton
    Options
    Hello Hello! I am also a 23 year old nerd and was trolling this site looking for someone to lose a bit of weight with! I'm looking to lose maybe 7-12 pounds.

I am terrible at watching what I eat (for example, ate a whole package of mozarella cheese this afternoon, after lunch) and would love some support to get going. I am pretty active to balance it out, however. I run, climb, hike and would love to get back into yoga.

How does this work - do we all add each other?

Newly arrived to fitnesspal :)

C
  • Sojaided34
    Options
    Hello there! :) I'm looking to lose about 65lbs (or so) for vanity and cosplay purposes.

I don't have an exercise regimen in place yet as I don't want to overwhelm myself--I do walk my puppy for an hour a day, but he has tiny stubby legs and stops frequently to sniff. It's pretty leisurely.

My diet is low-carb: 5% carbs, 30% protein, 65% fat. I've been eating gluten-free for 3 or 4 months now and I feel amazing. I had no idea I was allergic my entire life... wish I had! I'm thinking about experiment with dairy free for a week or two in October, but for now my girlfriend and I have set to a LCHF challenge for September. So far so good, although I do miss potatoes.

I like fandoms. I like watching shows, reading books and playing games and then disecting them and discussing them as though I'm being graded. My girlfriend and I have examined and re-examined exactly what each High School Musical character was thinking as they went along their merry, musical, Disney lives... and we actually enjoyed it. /shame

Recently I've been particularly into League of Legends, Game of Thrones, Wicked, The Hunger Games, and .... Pretty Little Liars. (ITS SUCH A HORRIBLE SHOW, BUT I CANNOT STOP.)

I'm hoping for some nerdy, 420-friendly weight loss buddies to keep each other in check and just get to know! :)

Pretty Little Liars IS a horrible show. Every character states the obvious and some of the writing is really dumb. BUT I still watch it. LOL
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi, nice to see some other nerds. I'm twenty-four, I love to read. I play Dungeons and Dragons. I'm trying to lose thirty to forty pounds. I'm not very good at this yet. I've been on MFP just a week, and I'm still trying to get used to it. Receiving support and giving it to other nerdy members of MFP sounds like a good way to get involved and stay motivated, so feel free to add me.
  • Jester522
    Options
    <3 Hunger Games and Game of Thrones.

You know you can eat potatoes if your gluten intolerant... theyre a starch not a grain.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hey. I spent the weekend at the Seattle PAX (Penny Arcade Expo) video game conference. 'Nuff said.

The geek shall inherit the Earth.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    add this nerd if u wish
  • steven_goldilocks
    Options
    Hey there,

There do seem to be a good number of nerds and geeks on here. Possibly because we're all conditioned from a young age to obsess over buffing our stats and levelling up...

Anyone who wants to add this broad-spectrum geek feel free to do so.

S.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Definitely adding you! Nerds unite!

P.S. I'm assuming you've seen The Tudors as well? If not, YOU MUST! I'm watching all four seasons again =)
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Ah fitness soulmate! Friending you now!!
  • Cosplayify
    Options
    Curious as to what characters you like to cosplay?
    Gosh, way too many to list!
    Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Akito from Fruits Basket
    Anyone from Soul Eater, although I kind of hate Black Star
    Team 7 from Naruto.
    Emperor Ken from Digimon 02
    Katarina from League of Legends
    Lux from League of Legends BECAUSE SHE'S JUST SO CUTE. SO. CUTE.
    GENTELMAN CHO'GATH FROM LEAGUE OF LEGENDS, I HAVE TO DO THIS.
    I LOVE PUELLA MAGI MADOKA MAGICA but IDK who I'd cosplay... Kyoko? Madoka? ANY OF THEM.
    Pretty Little Liars IS a horrible show. Every character states the obvious and some of the writing is really dumb. BUT I still watch it. LOL
    I am with you 100%. Also, the main characters are horribly obvious liars. Just so terrible.
    The books aren't much better, unfortunately. Ugh, the 2nd A in the 2nd book series... Why did I waste my life...
    <3 Hunger Games and Game of Thrones.

You know you can eat potatoes if your gluten intolerant... theyre a starch not a grain.
    Yes, but I'm eating low-carb (5% of my calories since I don't work out, so about 15-20g a day) and they are lots and lots of carbs :(
    Definitely adding you! Nerds unite!

P.S. I'm assuming you've seen The Tudors as well? If not, YOU MUST! I'm watching all four seasons again =)
    I have not yet seen The Tudors, but I will put it on my list!

It better be on Netflix -_- Otherwise I might just unsubscribe. So far 95% of what I"ve tried tow atch on there was not available, or was only available for Season 3 or something random. >:(

Also I've added everyone so far! :)
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    hya feel free to add me x
  • ecgotfit
    ecgotfit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Best nerd ever! Add me :D