20 pounds to lose! Can't stay motivated.. Help!!

Options
Hi Everyone,

I need to lose 20 pounds and my goal is to try to lose 7-10 pounds by mid october. My problem is I can not stay motivated. I talk about losing all the time, I read magazines nothing seems to keep me motivated. My boyfriend always on my case also to see if he can light my butt on fire.

I seem like I dont have the energy either. What can I do to keep my self motivated?

I am going to start again the 30 day shred, see how that goes.My plan is to do the shred then go for about an hour walk everyday, with doing the shred. I just need a kick start, and dont know what to do!!

HELP! please

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Losing weight isn't easy (like it says in your profile pic). Why do you want to lose it?

You need to work out whether the reasons you want to lose weight are worth the sacrifices you need to make to do that. Well, that's a start anyway.

ETA: you just changed your profile pic. :ohwell:
  • CLDKess
    Options
    I am struggling with motivation as well! It comes in waves for me, so as my mother would say "this too shall pass"
  • kpandreasen
    Options
    I use a calendar on my fridge to track my exercise for the day. I usually wear a pedometer every day and when I walk at lunch I try to at least double whatever I have on my step count for the first half of the day. Keeps me moving!
  • Hurrricanejane
    Options
    I'm on the same boat. I read magazines. I even started 30 day shred. I only did a couple days. :(
    I can't seem to find motivation either. But I realized that when I would go to the gym with someone else, it worked. I was held accountable to show up. We'd work out together so it was motivating and competitive. I just need to find a new gym buddy. I've also been considering signing up for weight watchers.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself why you decided to loose those 20 lbs the first place, write in down, print and look at it netx time when you feel unmotivated.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I struggle with motivation more often than not. I call that the "spoiled brat" side of me - you know - the one that says "...but I don't wanna!" I talk to myself just like I'd talk to the spoiled brat... "I don't care if you want to or not... you don't have a choice, now go do it!".