New :-)

jackie99
jackie99 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone, Im new to this site as of last Saturday, I started it on my iphone but only logged on a PC yesterday and its so much better. I spent all last week just thinking you do it all on your own.

I have 14lbs to lose, I have been struggeling with it for a couple of years, getting into some terrible and unhealthy eating habbits. This has made me realise what I can eat and what I should be doing. Its great.

Im getting married in December so this time Im going to give it my best shot.

Hope everyone is well
x

Replies

• sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    welcome to mfp!
  • Hi, thanks for the add. My situation is very similar to yours. I am 36 and have 4 children, my youngest is 18 months old. I have fallen into very bad eating habits, and because of lack of time have not exercised as I should either. Myself and my partner are both now dieting as of last Monday, and I also discovered the app on my phone on Saturday. I cannot believe what a difference it has made already, because it is always with me anyway its so easy to keep track of what I've eaten and it makes you really think about what you're eating doesn't it? :-)
    My fiance also bought me wii fit plus for xmas which I'm using mostly on free step, which keeps me motivated also, and because it keeps track of the calories burned, it makes it so easy to enter into the diary on the phone.
    Really feel like I'm getting somewhere this time, and because it's so easy after the first few days of getting used to smaller portions, I think it will be much easier to stick to this time. This along with the 60mins a day I walk anyway picking the children up from school, it should be enough...fingers crossed :-)
    Good luck with your weightloss, and I look forward to reading about your progress, hopefully to keep me motivated :-)
  • jackie99
    jackie99 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello, Im not sure how you cope with 4 kids, I only have the one and he is enough. My boyfriend has a little boy who is 4, he comes over to stay regularly.

The wii fit is great for keeping a track of your weight, and all of the exercises are great, we have just bought the ‘just dance’ game, where you copy the dance moves and compete against each other, that is a good way to keep fit and it is fun, well my son beats me every time.

Oh you do so much more exercise than me, Im just sat at my desk all day at work, I have started to go the long way round to the toilet and when I need something from another office I go up and down the stairs a few times, people think I am mad.

Are you from the UK? I am from the north east of England.

Anyway, good luck and well done already on your weight loss. Will let you know how I get on when I weigh myself at the weekend, fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.