Hairy Dieters....... Only!!!

Options

Replies

• TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Trying the lasagne this week - will try more next week but only got it after I'd done my meal plan. Am hoping it doesn't taste too strongly of leek as my husband is not a big fan. B

I am eating it right now........and no not too "leek-y" :D

Thank you - that is good to know :flowerforyou:
  • emsywooemsywoo
    emsywooemsywoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options

How 'leeky' is it? I love leek, but my partner is a sod to try to get veg into so the leek component may prove a little problematic.

Well because there are so many other flavours in there, I didn't actually notice the leek flavour at all. More of a "divider of layers" if you will :D
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Oh, I thought this was for people that don't believe in razors..... :laugh:
  • blitzie
    blitzie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The Book People have this in stock for £4.99, use code OFFERSEP for free delivery.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I love this book, it is like my new bible, even my kids love their recipes. We have had Cumin roasted Veg, Massalla Chicken, Chilli con carne, Spanish chicken, Sweet and sour chicken, Chicken Korma, and a few others and they are so delicious. We are having the Sweet and Sour chicken tonight for dinner and the Korma is to die for. My kids usually have Korma from Indian take aways and they said 'my' Korma was better! lol
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    I've made the Spanish Style Chicken Bake, but with my ingredients (and I used exactly what it said in the book) it came to 497 calories. Which is about 100 calories more then what it says! It's still not bad, but a bit strange though...
  • jess_mc
    Options
    Bought the book as soon as it came out and I love it! I'm a veggie so I have to substitute meat in the recipes but that's not too difficult and it does make it lower calorie. :) I made the lasagne last week which was so good and tonight I'm trying out the sweet and sour.
  • fankyskag
    fankyskag Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the book contains a lot of recipes that serve 4 and above. Are the recipes easy enough to cut down to make 1 or 2 portions? If need be I can always save the second portion for the next day.
  • choochoomummy
    Options
    I just ordered it from the Book Poeple for £4.99 with the free delivery - thanks for the promo code blitzie! Can't wait to get it. I watched all the shows. I think I'll try the chili bowls in the mean time.
  • fankyskag
    Options
    I'm guessing the book contains a lot of recipes that serve 4 and above. Are the recipes easy enough to cut down to make 1 or 2 portions? If need be I can always save the second portion for the next day.

Anyone? I'm itching to buy this on The Book People, but would just like to know if I'll actually be able to make anything from it without having to get people in to eat the rest!
  • zoeluiisa
    Options

Anyone? I'm itching to buy this on The Book People, but would just like to know if I'll actually be able to make anything from it without having to get people in to eat the rest!

Eat one portion, put one in the fridge for the next day, and freeze the rest.
  • fankyskag
    Options

I've been doing that with meals recently, but have found I often begin to run out of freezer space or freezable containers. :tongue: Think I'll buy it anyway. Thanks!
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Skinny Lasagne...........made this last night.........356 cals per serving.

Here's the skinny on the Hairy Bikers Skinny Lasagne......it is delicious however there is a lot of "faffing" around with the blanching the leeks and it is difficult to cut through them to portion out the lasagne.

But it is delicious.

I have another "skinny lasagne" recipe which includes only one layer of pasta on the top and the other layers are sliced courgette and roasted peppers which is just as delicious and its 347 cals per serving - from the Cook Yourself Thin book (a Ch 4 series a few years ago). I figured out that if we put a layer of pasta on top of the the Hairy Bikers version it would only add on about 60-70 calories on.
  • emsywooemsywoo
    emsywooemsywoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Skinny Lasagne...........made this last night.........356 cals per serving.

Here's the skinny on the Hairy Bikers Skinny Lasagne......it is delicious however there is a lot of "faffing" around with the blanching the leeks and it is difficult to cut through them to portion out the lasagne.

But it is delicious.

I have another "skinny lasagne" recipe which includes only one layer of pasta on the top and the other layers are sliced courgette and roasted peppers which is just as delicious and its 347 cals per serving - from the Cook Yourself Thin book (a Ch 4 series a few years ago). I figured out that if we put a layer of pasta on top of the the Hairy Bikers version it would only add on about 60-70 calories on.

Re this lasagne, I made it with extra lean beef and dropped the cheddar, very slightly upped the parmesan, and it comes out as 232 cals per portion (still serving 6)

I can have it with a small jacket potato if I am really hungry (say 150 cals) and that make a very substantial meal for just 382 cals :D
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options

Just use half of the ingredients, I personally can't see a problem with this book doing that. Halve the original ingredients and then half the whole recipe so that it is 2 equal portions.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The Book People have this in stock for £4.99, use code OFFERSEP for free delivery.

Thanks for sharing this - have just ordered. By far the cheapest I've seen it for, and free postage as well :)
  • blitzie
    blitzie Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing this - have just ordered. By far the cheapest I've seen it for, and free postage as well :)

You're welcome.

My book arrived this morning & have just got to try the cheese,leek & onion pasties at only 231 calories each.
  • peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have to say every recipe i have had from the book has been gorgeous we are having salmon with chilli and ginger sauce tonight plus added veg
  • peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I can highly recommend the salmon its was gorgeous if you like the flavor of course I had mashed pots and peas no added butter or milk