Couch to 5K website

Options
Has anyone tried this website ? If you did, please tell me how long did you do it for?

Replies

• seashman
    Options
    I just started yesterday, interested to hear people's responses myself.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    C25k is very popular amongst members here. It's a great program; I have never done it to completion but for the time I did it, it was wonderful :)
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    There's actually hundreds of couch to 5k training plans around. I don't know this website specifically, but as long as it aims for about 2,5 months to 3 months time to build up it should be fine.
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k?page=2

There are a lot of people using the program - most are using podcasts or smartphone apps to do voice prompts.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 day 3. I started back when I first started being serious on MFP...but I couldn't make it past week one day 2. So...I tried adding more activity to my daily life (using the upstairs bathroom at work and TAKING the stairs NOT the elevator...parking farther away inthe parking lot...etc.). I tried again after losing shy of 30 pounds and I have been doing each day through twice. Example...Week 1 day 1 back to back (half hour twice through is a one hour workout).

As of this morning I was down to 252.5 pounds (34 pound loss so far) which is likely larger than recommended for doing this...but there are plenty of people in the C25K program weighing in at/around/over what I weigh and have had success.
  • tinysuns
    tinysuns Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the UK version (http://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx) and am on the dreaded week 5 but it's going well so far. I'd certainly recommend it.
  • rawad
    Options
    I weigh close to what the previous poster weighs, and have just completed week 3. I don't go fast, but I go. I completed the program about 2 years ago and was regularly doing 30 minute runs for a couple of months, until I injured my foot and couldn't continue. I started again a few weeks ago, and am looking forward to getting back to where I was. I will repeat days/weeks as needed.
  • sissyr75
    Options
    i was wanting to give the couch to 5k a try. i do other forms of exercise and my favorite is walking. i used to run when i was in the military but that was 16 yrs ago. so basically starting all over. i think though, i will wait until the end of september or beginning of october when the wheather cools down here in louisiana.
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    I went to week 4 on the treadmill. Then I wanted to run outside and couldn't barely run a min. So I have started over my plan outside. However when I started on the treadmill I barely could run a min and now I can run 13mins straight. :) I am slow though.
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    theres also a group for it on MFP. I just completed week 3 for the 2nd time as I didnt feel I was ready to take on week 4 yet. Its a 9 week program but honestly listen to your body and take as long or as short a time you need. I love it. I never ran before. I have the RunDouble app on my android phone and can plug in my music and off I go, the voice will announce when its time to run, time to walk, halfway mark etc. Its a great program and I actually look forward to my run days, helps me to alleviate stress and gives me time to just well be ' free '.. good luck to you !
  • moxleye
    moxleye Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have 3 days left of the 30 day shred. I think I'm going to start this next!
  • duckfloats
    Options
    I would say it's an excellent program. Finished week 6 this evening. So far, so good.
  • valeriejean1407
    Options
    "Ease into 5k" is an app for iPhone that is also a great training program to take with you when you run. Uses interval training and tells you when to stop, start, walk, run, etc. all with your music on too. Just another suggestion :)
  • kadinlucas
    kadinlucas Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Its excellent. The first day of running for like 60seconds, walking 90 seconds for 20minutes was a struggle.
    On monday I did W8D1 which was run for 28minutes without stopping and it was fine.

I should be finished the program tomorrow but I have the flu so going to have to repeat the week 8 next week or week later unfortunately.
  • kellekaj
    kellekaj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am currently up to day 3 week 6 - I have done a bit of treadmill and outside but mostly treadmill (which I find easier) I have found some weeks more difficult than others for eg: today was run 10 walk 2.5 run 10 (I found this hard) however last week was run 20 straight with no break and I found this easier.
    I've had days where I've wanted to give up but I just keep telling myself "the mind will give up 1000 time before the body will" (A sign a saw one) so I figure till my legs give way and I fall of the treadmill I'll have to keep going. I find a huge sense of achievement each time I finish a session.
    I use the iphone app also which is great. Good luck and enjoy :)
  • zombiesage
    zombiesage Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's a great program I finish my seventh week tomorrow using my iPhone. If you start this program I suggest using the app associated with a smart phone and have good running shoes.
  • blamerp
    blamerp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found this app for my iPhone the third week in June...just in time to complete it for a 5K I signed up for in August. Last year, I did the 5K without training...and it kicked my butt! This year, I finished 7th in my age group (45) and took 10 minutes off last year's time. C25K was fun...kept me movitated to run this summer. I'm still running three times a week, but just free runs...usually 4 miles! I love this app! By the way, they also have a 10K and 25K app if you are interested :)
  • julie2000anne
    julie2000anne Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started using the app while on the Gazelle mainly to change up the routine. I love the voice prompts and knowing when I'm halfway done. I did Week 2 Day 1 today and then kept going for 20 more minutes. It's awesome for helping with endurance and for helping the time fly by.
  • amandaxonicole
    Options
    I use the C25K free iPhone app and I love it! I just finished Week 4, Day 2 today. I started the program on an indoor track but moved outside to challenge myself more. There is a definite difference from running inside and outside. But I love the program and can't wait to get to the end and say I did it!
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    I love Couch to 5 K I just finished week 6, and looking forward to week 7.

Great app :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!