200lbs+ looking for fun & motivated friends

Options
I'm new here and I'm serious about trying to loose weight. I told myself I'd never get to 300 pounds and now I'm only six pounds from that. I give up easily and I know I'm going to need some support to do this. I have a beautiful 5 month old baby boy I need to be healthy for. Anyone in my boat?

Replies

• xsugarfairyx
    xsugarfairyx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Im also in the 200s feel free to add me if you wish x
  • SBlost
    Options
    When I started I was 306lbs. I am now down to 280 and not budging. But I will not give up, I dont have children yet, but I want to be healthy so I can have them one day. Please feel free to add me as a friend. ~That goes for anyone reading this!!
    Good luck on your journey and remember...only you can make this change!! :)
  • justgin
    Options
    I'm in the 200lbs (god I hate saying that) - I'm on here almost everyday (Saturdays are hard for me) feel free to add me!
  • rscpnc
    rscpnc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone

I am new also and I'm totally in your boat. I can remember a few years back when hitting 200 was this insane, impossible number and after I hit that I swear everything would change and that I would never hit 250 but that number passed me as well. My highest weight has been 275 and I refuse to hit 300. So I am ready to make changes as well. Add me as a friend!
  • tooready31
    Options
    Heyy, I gained a lot of weight with my daughter also. So I can relate. I lost close to 100 pounds a year before having her only to gain it allll back during pregnancy and that was 6 years ago lol. I'm determined to get this weight off for good this time tho. I'm tired of ?yo-yo ing?..So I'm here for support if you need it. Feel free to add me.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    i'm 285, looking to get down to 215, feel free to add

edit: well, i'm a dude, but i suppose that doesn't have to matter
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just crossed into Onederland after join MFP. I am very motivated and very serious about my health commitment. feel free to friend me.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like
    HW 315 MFP SW 286 CW about 210

I'm joining the mommys club soon and hope to kick back into exercise gear in a few months
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I started at 274 and now at 235.
  • chamgiggz
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I'm in same boat as all you guys I started at 236...its a slow progress but it is a progress...I still need encouragement and I feel good encouragin others, because I know what to do and say to others but not what to say to myself
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for fun and motivated friends! I'll send a request. I'm 34 and have a goal to lose 100 lbs. I think the motivation and encouragement found through this website are incredible! You can do it (and so can I!).
  • Hey all. My starting weight was 256, current weight is 233 and my goal weight is around 150. Along way to go, but we can all do it together. Anyone can feel free to add me if they like. Good luck all.
  • chocobis09
    chocobis09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    In the 200's with a 16 mth old. I'm at 242 almsot at pre preg weight (238) motivated to get to 160. Always willing to dish out something positive!
  • Chelle8070
    Chelle8070 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 200's.... the first time I was in the 200's was after my first child. I was at 240 and within a year I was at 150.

This time I started at 225.... and here I am, 18 months later, still hovering around 215.

We got this! We can all do it!

I love how great I feel after working out... and I LOVE figuring out alternate activities so it's not just workout dvds. Went on a 6 mile hike (by accident... teehee) last weekend.... put in a little more effort at work when we do manual labor related things... it makes me feel good!

Thanks for this thread... it always sucks when you get to that weight you never wanted to be.... but it's always great to know you're not alone and can help support each other <3
  • shirayaparker
    Options
    I just started working out again and I was surprised in myself when I couldn't wait to get started today. It's a slow start for me since I get out of breath so easy, but at least in the end it feels good.
  • dizneedana
    dizneedana Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am also in the 200 club. I started this journey in August so I am fairly new too. I started at a weight of 270 and am down 12 pounds. Feel free to add me as a friend. I will be around here for a long, long time!
  • shill822
    shill822 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in the 200s as well. I am at my heaviest weight I have ever been and I need to get this weight off.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I am sending you a friend request.

We can do this!!

Shari
  • LindaVas
    LindaVas Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as well. :ohwell:
    Anyone can add me if you like. :smile:
  • twilightlvr79
    twilightlvr79 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP. I'm in the 200+ group and when I started my journey I was only 6 pounds away from 300. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have and find it as helpful and supportive as it has been for me. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • Peggb
    Peggb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :-) I am in the same boat as everyone else and am here to get healthy and lose! Motivation and help are the key and the more the merrier to do that!