Halfway there, and haven't lost anything in two weeks : (

Options
I'm at that halfway point and for nearly two weeks I haven't lost anything " (
I've decreased my calories slightly, exercised more, started taking lots of vitamins, drinking more water, etc....
I'm wondering what am I doing wrong, and is this typical for most to go through this, and what good advice can I receive to help me through this?
TIA!:happy:

Replies

• mermer45
    mermer45 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    First, well done for taking some positive steps and don't be disheartened. There could be a number of reasons.

1. You are retaining a lot of water. Make sure you weigh yourself at the same time each day and particularly first thing in the morning.

2. if you can measure your body fat. Some scales allow you to do this. Body fat is a much better measure than overall weight. It's possible that you are losing fat but also gaining muscle from exercise.

Keep at it...consistency is key. To lose 1lb of fat you need to expend around 3000 more calories than you consume. A good way is to take it slow and steady. A deficit of 200 calories a day will mean you only lose around 1 lb over two weeks. However, over 1 year that adds up to 26lbs!
  • LunaSD
    Options
    Two weeks is not bad for a woman. Any were near 'that time'. Some women retain before some retain after and some just before and after. Maybe try cutting down salt? Salt intake helps with water retention and maybe also try adding more seeds and greens to your diet. Helps me. Good luck and be happy your not gaining. :)
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Keep going! I cannot suggest anything you haven't tried, but I do know that stopping the good things you have accomplished and going back will not move you forward.
  • vonsay
    Options
    I understand your pain. My weight loss is equally slow. It seems like I won't lose one pound in a month and then ill get on the scale and have lost 2. Its like my weight leaves in pounds instead of one at a time. I've lost 13 so far and it was snowing when I started so maybe 6 months total with the last 4 being more dedicated. If you are like me you are eating way less then a 200 cal deficit with still extreme slow loss. Keep it up we will get there!