30 Day Progress Report [pics]

Options
Okay so here I am - a month into my weight lifting routine.

before
2mgymf.jpg

after
34r9maf.jpg

I feel a lot different and I can lift/do more. My runs are also longer. But I don't look much different to myself.

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Well, you're making great progress regardless of whether or not you look different. Visually the results will come. Just give it time!
  • syrhius
    syrhius Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I definitely notice a change around your hip/side area. Keep up the good work!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    I think your chest, shoulders and abs have more definition! Great job! Keep it up :)
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    You definitely are making progress in your cardio and strength endurance. I'm going to say that form will follow function-you've got the function, give your body more time to catch up :-) You're kicking *kitten*!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Dude! I notice a huge difference!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference brah. And if you're getting stronger, faster and your stamina is improving, then that's something to be very proud of. Keep up the great work, it's tough but you can do it.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I am super happy - SUPPPPER happy with my achievements lately. I've climbed 2 mountains and been doing things i never thought I could before. My strides are so fluid and I am pushing out reps I didn't think I could do.

So overall I am very pleased performance wise. Waiting for my squishy body to catch up!
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Terrific job. You can definitely tell a difference! What mountains are you climbing? New sporting activity?
  • Grimlock69
    Options
    You look the same.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    your upper abdomen are flatter; right above your rib cage area, if you know what i mean
  • bradthemedic
    Options
    Terrific job. You can definitely tell a difference! What mountains are you climbing? New sporting activity?

Mt Finlayson in Victoria BC and The Chief in Squamish BC. I didn't really know what I was getting into with either - I thought they were hikes. Little did I know they are aggressive mountain climbs.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I don't see a difference either, but if you're seeing increases in fitness then good things are happening inside... so keep at it!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    and as another mentioned, your love handles have flattened out as well, for sure
  • Wheelie_UK
    Options
    Definitely reduction in fat around the hips.

Don't expect miracles. Everyone will loose at their own rate. For some it is faster than others. A LOT of things will affect the rate.

Keeping a photo diary is a good way to see the difference over time. I do this (For medical reasons) and it definitely helps to show an improvement. The scales are the honest opinion though. Just don't check them too often.

Keep up the good work!!
  • PisceanDream224
    Options
    You are doing great! I can see more definition in your core and in your forearms. Keep at it!! You'll get there! Normally, it takes about 6 weeks to see more of a difference, but sometimes you can notice slight changes before then, sometimes a little later. Give it at least 3 months (make sure to use more resistance as the more you train) and you will see a major improvement! Good luck, and great job!!! :)
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    There's definitely a difference. Congrats, and keep up the good work :)
  • jiva57
    jiva57 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Arms have definitely bulked up with muscle - they were mere pipestems before! (jk). That's nice, a girl has a weakness for nice arms.
  • Punchabear
    Options
    Nice job, keep it up! I have the same thing where I don't notice a big difference looking at myself, but everyone else seems to notice something haha
  • bradthemedic
    Options
    Arms are up 1"
    Legs are up 2.5"
    Calves are up 1"

Chest, waist and stomach are around the same.
    Shoulders are also bigger.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!