Why?

Options
Why can't I stay good? 2 weeks seems to be my limit then I lose control! So frustrating!!!! After a week then I get control again! :grumble:

Replies

• kingnatalie
    Options
    We all have our good/bad days. I crave things like pizza, cheeseburgers and try not to deprive myself of them. I think of a way to make the meal I want healthy and eat a small or single serving (1 piece of pizza, one cheeseburger), they doing this I don't set myself up for failure or for having a bad week as opposed to only 1 semi-bad day. This helps me out a lot. It has also helped me to plan my entire day out with meals and snacks, this way I know what I can eat but can still make changes if necessary. Once you see the pounds drop you don't want to go backwards, keeping that in the back of my head is also a big help.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    My suggestion? Keep a journal of your moods along with food and exercise. Sometimes when you track the WHY, you can get a better solution. Some times our emotions or stress gets to us and it all goes down hill. Women retain water, PMS, and crave more then men. Possibly if you track your mood along with your calories you might be able to see the why and find other solutions to help you. Stressed? Instead of eating take a walk . . .. etc.

I usually find myself "crashing" my healthy eating when bored or stressed. I need to channel my hands in a different direction than to sometime in the cupboards.

Hope this helps!
  • PaigeG
    PaigeG Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I try not to make any food off limit. If I want some pizza, I eat a slice of pizza. I try to make sure I choose the healthiest version of whatever food I am craving. A lot of times if I eat really big at lunch, I adjust and have a light dinner. You can also try this approach - look at the doughnut, pizza, etc. that you are about to eat and figure out how long you would have to exercise to burn it off. A lot of times, that is enough to change your mind. Good luck and stick with it!!
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My suggestion? Keep a journal of your moods along with food and exercise. Sometimes when you track the WHY, you can get a better solution. Some times our emotions or stress gets to us and it all goes down hill. Women retain water, PMS, and crave more then men. Possibly if you track your mood along with your calories you might be able to see the why and find other solutions to help you. Stressed? Instead of eating take a walk . . .. etc.

I usually find myself "crashing" my healthy eating when bored or stressed. I need to channel my hands in a different direction than to sometime in the cupboards.

Hope this helps!

My emotions trigger my eating! I MUST plan. If I don't plan, and I have to decide last minute what to eat for lunch or fix for dinner, then I will not make the best choices. So the night before I try to plan the next day's food. I log it. If I didn't put it down, then I don't eat it. Even if my husband surprised me and baked me cookies, I tell him I'm sorry, I can't have it.