*****ing....

Options
i have a co-worker who is between 45 and 50. she is VERY thin and eats whatever she wants. she knows i'm trying to lose weight. every day she goes and gets biscuits and gravy for breakfast........and always asks me if i want some.

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    It is possible she is just being polite, but it is also possible she is a saboteur. Regardless, make sure you have healthy options for eating at work and IGNORE what she is eating.

I had to become good at resisting temptations at work or my ticker would not say what it does. Good luck!!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    UGH! Does she know you are eat healthier? Hang in there!
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    she's a nice woman, and she is just being polite (she's a little neurotic)....and i do keep a stash of healthy food at work...but i love biscuits and gravy...that was a good portion of my downfall the first time i ever went above a size 6 after a summer spent working at a lodge in montana!!! luckily, i have NEVER said yes to her!!!
  • sprags
    sprags Posts: 56
    Options
    Bring breakfast with you, that way you can eat together without having to stare at what she's eating. I have friends that do this...most the time it makes them feel guilty when they see me eating healthy foods.

Keep it up!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I may be a little spiteful of people like that because of this one lady I use to work with. I would figure out the calories or fat for it and either say something like, "oh, I could eat 5 cheese burgers for the amount of calories in that" or something like that. Total random number there, by the way. Or just look them up for yourself to remind you why you don't want it. At least you know she means well and isn't trying to throw you off track.
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    Remember that thin or skinny does not always mean healthy. Biscuits and gravy are very high fat content. She is at a good age for a heart attack. Maybe invite her to eat healthy with you. Bring breakfast for both of you. Make a joke of it.
  • bnoggle88
    Options
    I always love it when people see me eating healthy and they say "wow i should really eat better" and I always reply "yeah I feel great! I get good food and get to loose weight all at the same time!" Their reactions are priceless and plus it makes you feel good about eating better!
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Remember that thin or skinny does not always mean healthy. Biscuits and gravy are very high fat content. She is at a good age for a heart attack. Maybe invite her to eat healthy with you. Bring breakfast for both of you. Make a joke of it.

great resonse....especially making light of it!
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    Just curious...what was the title supposed to say before it was censored???
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    Ha ha! I just got it. Nevermind!!!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    Everybody has that one person in their life that does this. Either she is unhappy with herself for whatever reason and wants to bring someone else down with her or maybe she doesn't understand what you are trying to do. Next time tell her that you brought breakfast for both of you. That you made something new and thought she might like to try it. Or do the omelet in a glass dish ( 2 egg whites, chopped up veggies and garlic powder, onion powder, or whatever you want) and then you pop it in the microwave and cook it and its healthy and yummy. Try something like that.
    I have a girl at my work like that and I just tell her that I am doing this for me and everytime that she offers me something bad I say no thanks I am choosing to eat the foods that won't give me a heart attack.

Just like I talked on the phone to my Brother last week. Now My brother is thin and always has been. I was fit growing up but never a size 6 or 8. When I talked to him on the phone he told me that he was proud of me for losing the weight and wanting to live a healthier lifestyle and then in the next breath tells me that I shouldn't be disappointed when I am not a size 6 because my body is not built that way. I told him that I didn't care what size I wore in the end that it isn't about the size of my clothes but it is about my health. he shut up!

So bottom line... you can and will do this! Dont give up! You will succeed!!!!!!