safe calories to add

Options
I did 30 min of cardio right now
And it included supersets resting only a min inbeteween every two exercises equalling to one superset would it be safe (since I don't know exactly) to put on my cardio that I burned off 200 or does that sound like too mnay?

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Everyone burns differently, for example small people burn less than big people doing the same thing. If you don't have a HRM I would just use MFPs estimates, but keep in mind it may be a bit off. Thats what I do.
  • celenacountdown
    Options
    Where do I find thsat?
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    (HRM = Heart Rate Moniter)
  • Kathryn285
    Kathryn285 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work as a personal trainer, and on average, most people who do 20 mins of cardio burn about 200. It is not going to be exact, but it's safe to say you were most likely close. What's important is that your heartrate was high enough.

You can find your ideal heart rate online for your age group.

But nothing beats a heart rate monitor. Polar watches have a good reputation and are easy to find in sports stores. Or go to their website!
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Yep, HRM is heart rate monitor, to get MFP to estimate for you just click on the exercise tab, pick the kind of exercise you did, put in how long you did it and it will estimate your calories for your diary.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I Ignore exercise calories because they are over estimated. I log my exercise but ignore the calories burned.

After over 30 years of running marathons and ultra marathons and being over weight at the same time I've learned that you can't exercise enough to overcome too much food.

I use a HRM and still, burning calories with exercise is highly overrated.

eat less to lose fat.

exercise to build muscle or maintain lean body mass.

If you have excess fat your really can't lose with this strategy.

If you have a lot of body fat reserves you would be surprised at how little you can eat (unless you have emotional eating issues or disorders). The leaner you get the less your body has to draw from and then you have to taper up your calories. There is no such thing as starvation mode for women over 12% body fat or men over 6% body fat. I am a living breathing example of that. I went from obese to now under 12% BF and I've maintained for one year and built muscle the whole time.
    You don't BUILD muscle in starvation mode, so I proved everyone wrong.
  • ido426
    ido426 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I Ignore exercise calories because they are over estimated. I log my exercise but ignore the calories burned.

After over 30 years of running marathons and ultra marathons and being over weight at the same time I've learned that you can't exercise enough to overcome too much food.

I use a HRM and still, burning calories with exercise is highly overrated.

eat less to lose fat.

exercise to build muscle or maintain lean body mass.

If you have excess fat your really can't lose with this strategy.

If you have a lot of body fat reserves you would be surprised at how little you can eat (unless you have emotional eating issues or disorders). The leaner you get the less your body has to draw from and then you have to taper up your calories. There is no such thing as starvation mode for women over 12% body fat or men over 6% body fat. I am a living breathing example of that. I went from obese to now under 12% BF and I've maintained for one year and built muscle the whole time.
    You don't BUILD muscle in starvation mode, so I proved everyone wrong.
    So your saying if mfp tells you to eat 1330 calories daily that's all you should eat regardless of exercise?