Body Bugg

Options
Has anyone used it? Is it worth it?

Replies

• tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    I have it, and i love it. It is my suggestion if you do it, go all the way and get the wrist thingy too, so you can see real time what you are burning, etc...
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    what is it? I wanna know!!
  • mrsmckim
    mrsmckim Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to ask for this for my birthday (April). Sounds like a great tool!
  • klybarger
    klybarger Posts: 214
    Options
    What is this? I need to invest in some sort of monitor so I can be more specific with recording my exercise. I'm really intrigued with this - I think there's something online that supports it, right? I just don't know what it is and it's kinda hard to find info on-line. Any links would be appreciated.
  • ActSingMom
    ActSingMom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Where Lifetime Fitness pushes a $245 Polar Heart rate monitor featuring chest strap and wrist watch that stores all info for your workout which is downloadable to your computer IF you have an infrared USB receiver (another %60), it also records calories, time in fat burning zones, and of course heart rate. It talks to all the cardio machines and is coded so it isn't confused by nearby heart monitors, so you can just look on the board of your treadmill or elliptical instead of your watch to check your heart rate.

I went to Walmart and bought my husband a heart rate monitor and wrist watch style thing for $50 that does everything the expensive one does. It tells you calories burned, H/R, time in zone though not as many zones. It also talks to the cardio machines. Much better deal.

I wouldn't workout without it.

What's a Body Bugg?
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I have a bodybugg & I LOVE it. I do like to track my food on MFP better though because it has more of the foods I eat, whereas the bodybugg online program I end up having to enter my foods & all the nutrition information more often because I'm not in a state where there are 24 hr fitness gyms which is where it is sold. So I think most of the food listed in there sometimes is from stores I don't have around here.

The bodybugg is like a heart rate monitor but it has extra sensors that monitor your movements through the day. You wear it on your left arm & it calculates all the calories you burn throughout the day, even while you are just sitting. If you but it through the websites you get a 6 month free membership for the online program, which I am using because that's how I log my foods & my calories. I don't have the digital display for it which shows you the calories as you burn them so you know how many more you need to burn for the day. I just use the online program, plug the usb from the bodybugg armband into my computer & see how many calories I've burned.

You can check it out at http://www.bodybugg.com/ then click on 24 hour fitness or apex links. That is where it is sold through. You could probably also get it cheaper on ebay. The armband is pretty expensive & the digital display is an additional $79.99 but I think it's definitely a good investment.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I have a bodybugg & I LOVE it. I do like to track my food on MFP better though because it has more of the foods I eat, whereas the bodybugg online program I end up having to enter my foods & all the nutrition information more often because I'm not in a state where there are 24 hr fitness gyms which is where it is sold. So I think most of the food listed in there sometimes is from stores I don't have around here.

The bodybugg is like a heart rate monitor but it has extra sensors that monitor your movements through the day. You wear it on your left arm & it calculates all the calories you burn throughout the day, even while you are just sitting. If you but it through the websites you get a 6 month free membership for the online program, which I am using because that's how I log my foods & my calories. I don't have the digital display for it which shows you the calories as you burn them so you know how many more you need to burn for the day. I just use the online program, plug the usb from the bodybugg armband into my computer & see how many calories I've burned.

You can check it out at http://www.bodybugg.com/ then click on 24 hour fitness or apex links. That is where it is sold through. You could probably also get it cheaper on ebay. The armband is pretty expensive & the digital display is an additional $79.99 but I think it's definitely a good investment.

Thank you!
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    I don't have one...but I will be getting mine within the next month or two. I'm going to make sure I have both the body bugg and the wrist calorie counter thingy. I've been dying to know what I burn daily with all the wworking out that I do. I will def be treating myself to one by my 30th birthday (4/21/10) if I don't get it before the end of February.
  • mrsmckim
    mrsmckim Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't have one...but I will be getting mine within the next month or two. I'm going to make sure I have both the body bugg and the wrist calorie counter thingy. I've been dying to know what I burn daily with all the wworking out that I do. I will def be treating myself to one by my 30th birthday (4/21/10) if I don't get it before the end of February.

That is my birthday as well! And I am requested it for my birthday gift from my husband. I will be turning 29 :)
  • lydiabeth4
    Options
    This sounds fantastic!
    I totally want one now! =)
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    Maybe I'll give it a shot. It's kinda expensive and I figure if I follow a good diet maybe I don't actually NEED it. But maybe it's worth the investment. I'd probably get a better idea of what I do during the day.
  • Najah5150
    Options
    Well MRSMCKIM...we both share soemthing special on that day...two things in common so far. Same birthday and we will both have Body Bugg's as well. :wink:

My goal is to be 187.5 lbs by my birthday...I've got 33 lbs to go.:grumble: We shall see if I make it to my goal...
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Maybe try it out before putting out the big bucks. Check out this site

http://bodybuggrental.com/
  • Najah5150
    Options
    I'm SSSSSOOOO excited! I got my body bugg over the weekend. I get trained on how to use it today. YAY! If you get them right now you can get the body bugg itself and the wrist monitor for only $249.00 (plus tax). The monitor is free when you buy the body bugg. The promotion ends 2/28/10.