I need some advice

Options
Hi to all of my fitness pal friends I need your help. I am a 33 year old woman and weigh 170 pounds. I exercise religiously and eat rather healthy. But I cannot seem to lose weight. I have a problem with emotional eating and night time is the worst for me. Does anyone have any tips to boost weight loss. I am not looking to be a super model, just 150 pounds. I am so frustrated. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• jennaofthejungle
    jennaofthejungle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! My stats are similar to yours only I'm about a decade older than you :tongue: I know for me tracking my food is the biggest help. I feel like I eat healthy but I'm always shocked when I start tracking and realize how much I'm really eating compared to what I actually should be. Good luck!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Do you log all your food? Accurately?
  • GeoffinAZ
    GeoffinAZ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree with tracking food 100%, even if you go over. I hit a plateau and once I started really putting in everything I put in my mouth, things changed quickly.
  • vyfirefly
    vyfirefly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 42 and started at 170 (gained 30 lbs over a year moving to a new city...) the tracking was HUGE!!! If you track every morsel that hits your mouth you will be AMAZED at how much calories you are taking in, especially if you are a night snacker. My problem was eating left overs from my 4 yr old ... NO MORE ... those breaded chicken nuggets add up fast ... she doesn't eat it, I throw it away.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    yeah don't eat so much! Read forks over nives.....Do not use food for personal issues, deal with them head on.
  • Shen191
    Shen191 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi love

I am only around six months younger than you. I am from Perth in Australia. I have a sevon month old son and am busy trying to loose all my baby weight...as I gained a huge 25kilos over pregnancy. I had previously lost 20kilos many years ago also (nothing do to with having a baby!).

I so agree with everyone so far - tracking regiliously is the key. You need to be really true to yourself. Don't do it for anyone but yourself.

Firstly sit down for a moment and write down why you want to loose weight, ie...to feel more comfortable in clothes, to feel healthier, to look and feel sexy, etc etc. Know and understand the reasons you want to achieve your goal so when you become lost at times you can go back and see what you are working towards. Also attempt to recognise what is making you do the emotional eating. I know this area well as have done it myself for years and understand how frustrating and upsetting it can be. Learn more about yourself - so you can be armed and ready the next time it happens.

I also write down my goal weight where I can see it everyday and under it I write the date and my current weight. I use a spin bike daily and have it infront of the computer to do my own class on in the study...so my goal/current weight it written on the white board on the wall in that room - it really helps. I am a very visual person and want to be reminded what my goal is.

Try hard to ignore any negative comments you may receive from others. If I had a dollar for everyone who told me I don't need to loose weight...I'ld be one rich girly! But to be honest...people said the same thing to me when I was 20+ kilos overweight. Don't worry about what others say, opr may influence you to eat...stay strong and true to you. As long as your goal is always in the healthy weight range guidelines - which yours is - don't take on other's comments.

Ensure you track really strict - every taste, nibble, bite! I can't stress this enough. It's amazing how much sneaks in when we aren't being strict enough about this. If you have an Iphone or something...make sure you download the MFP App so you have it when you are out and about.

That's great that you are exercising well :) Don't stop. Even though I truely believe weight loss is 90% diet control and only 10% exercise...by exercising you are keeping fit and healthy and encouraging yourself to stay on the right track all day with great diet choices.

Make sure you are getting enough protein. Eat plenty of eggs, lean meat, fish, chicken, fruit & veg, some amount of nuts, healthy plain yogurts. Try hard to limit refined carbs...even all those 'low fat' options. I try to have eggs daily. Stay away totally from white breads, etc. Choose spelt bread instead if you need bread.

Hope this helps a little.

Good Luck
    Shen
  • libellula56
    libellula56 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I thought I ate extremly healthly went to doctor with complaints about how I exercised and ate good. Blood work came back normal, it wasn't until I recorded everything I ate when I realized I was consuming way more calories then I was truly burning off!
  • Thin1979
    Options
    Thanks to everyone. You were all so very helpful. Happy weekend.