Falling off and jumping back on!

Options
I was really focused and determined to be a healthier person, with weight-loss as a great side-effect. I lost 73 lbs and then went on vacation.. suddenly eating healthy wasn't so convenient and it was hard being around people who didn't have the same goals. Junk food was readily available and I took full advantage! In 2 weeks I gained 10lbs and have not been able to get it off.

Starting today I am back to clean eating. At work they keep chocolates, candies, chips etc at the back counter (I work in a bank) and it was SO tempting but I didn't take any! As soon as the temptation hit, I'd drink a bunch of water and go on with my day.

My husband also eats whatever he wants, so the food is in the house all the time. Today I start again.. No more Tim Horton's drive thru with the donuts screaming my name.. No more lunch at the cafe with a little dessert on the side.

I bought a vacuum food sealer and cooked lunches and dinners and stacked them in the freezer. Convenient, quick and healthy!

Just needed to write this down to remind myself that I can do this. I want to do this. I AM doing this!!

I wanted to be at 100lbs lost by the end of November. I don't know how realistic that is, but I will at least be under 200lbs!! :)

Thanks for listening ;)

Replies

• skeeter2584
    skeeter2584 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on the weight you've lost so far!!! Although you may have gone astray nutritionally speaking, you're absolutely doing the right thing by getting back on track NOW. I was recently on vacation, and I had no choice but to eat my meals without knowing how many calories were in them. Best wishes and keep up the great work!!! :smile:
  • pkaepplein
    pkaepplein Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! It's ok to take a "small" break but you know it's time to get back on track. I applaud you! I too have become let's say less intense about my workouts and my food consumption. Time to be accountable for our actions and happy with the choices we make. Let's get back on track!!!
  • jynckz
    jynckz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support!!

I am trying to be a good example for my family, especially my children and I have to be strong!!

There are some lines I refused to cross.. No McD's, Wendy's, etc.. On a road trip yesterday, my husband decided he wanted McDonalds. After he parked the car, I walked the main street and found a great little cafe with locally sourced food and bought a DELICIOUS veggie wrap and I tell you, it felt great!
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    It sounds like you are ready to take this on again. Vacation is tough. Good job at work. Isn't there something you can do about the food situation at home?
  • Zenyehtta
    Zenyehtta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! Or, I'm about to be anyway. Going to NOLA in a few days for a week, and my group wants to eat out every night. This will be fun.

But good job on getting back on track! You're just the kind of motivation I'll need when I come to eat much better again. (And even while I'm on vacation. I don't think I would have ever thought of parting from the group to look for food elsewhere but sounds like it'll be just a little bit better. I might find something not so bad to eat (: )
  • jynckz
    jynckz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    He will eat what he wants to eat.. I've talked to him about it to no avail. I am no angel.. I fall into the trap and buy him the foods out of guilt.. but no more.. He can buy them, but I will refuse to even look at them.. and will not spend my money on them!
  • pkaepplein
    pkaepplein Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!! Proud of you!!
  • KywongRP
    Options
    You've done really well so far!! Congrats!
    Great to see you "came back"
    I've just done the same thing myself!!
  • VogtAndrea
    Options
    Put the mess up behind you, log it all and get back to it. I know the temptation's all but in your face. If you have to, keep a cupboard and an area of the fridge just for you and don't compromise unless you figure it into your calories for the day. When you fall off the wagon, just get back on, log it honest and get back to what it takes to make you healthier, happier with yourself and more able to do what you want.